Installing air fuel ratio guage

This is a discussion on Installing air fuel ratio guage within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just perchased the autometer sport comp air fuel ratio and it does come with directions, but im sort of ...

Arrow Installing air fuel ratio guage

I just perchased the autometer sport comp air fuel ratio and it does come with directions, but im sort of new with all this wiring stuff and i want to do it right. Can anyone familiar with installing these on our rexes give me tips, advice, or even instructions. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I got an afr gauge as well to install on my mother in laws wrx. I hooked up the signal wire to the white wire on the rear o2 sensor. I wasn't sure if this was the correct connection because the only reading I got was very faint. It was the furthest red on the lean side, and hardly showed up at all.
    I got the information off of this site (for the white wire hookup) and I just wanted to come back and make sure I did this correctly. (Figured I'd just add on to this thread)
    Anyone else make this hookup differently. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by stealthmode
    I got an afr gauge as well to install on my mother in laws wrx. I hooked up the signal wire to the white wire on the rear o2 sensor. I wasn't sure if this was the correct connection because the only reading I got was very faint. It was the furthest red on the lean side, and hardly showed up at all.
    I got the information off of this site (for the white wire hookup) and I just wanted to come back and make sure I did this correctly. (Figured I'd just add on to this thread)
    Anyone else make this hookup differently. Thanks in advance.
    hey your not alone the same thing happened to me. i put it on the blue wire and it reads but not correctly it reads real slow , what gives.

I have hooked one up too and same thing happens. Lean to stoich, but never in the rich. And it does not move to and fro like it's supposed to. Then I learned that the rear o2 sensor is not meant to read the full 0-1V because the computer does not need it to read actual air/fuel. That's what the wideband one is for in the uppipe (or header, I forget). Anyways, that rear o2 is only supposed to measure after-cat mixture. I am just going to put in another 02 sesor from like a Mustang GT in an extra bung I have on my DP.
    02 WRX - XS Power header/UP/TBE, XS Power FMIC, MBC@15psi, Ported TD04L, Perrin shortram, Alum Radiator - 13.35@101
    05 Mini Cooper S - Bone stock
    95 Mustang GT conv. (Work In Progress) - BBK LT headers & h-pipe, dumped Flowmasters, Kirban AFPR, BBK subframe braces, 6-point rollcage, FMS springs, 70/30 struts, 50/50 shocks, K&N intake