Installing air fuel ratio guage
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Installing air fuel ratio guage within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just perchased the autometer sport comp air fuel ratio and it does come with directions, but im sort of ...

Arrow Installing air fuel ratio guage

I just perchased the autometer sport comp air fuel ratio and it does come with directions, but im sort of new with all this wiring stuff and i want to do it right. Can anyone familiar with installing these on our rexes give me tips, advice, or even instructions. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I got an afr gauge as well to install on my mother in laws wrx. I hooked up the signal wire to the white wire on the rear o2 sensor. I wasn't sure if this was the correct connection because the only reading I got was very faint. It was the furthest red on the lean side, and hardly showed up at all.
    I got the information off of this site (for the white wire hookup) and I just wanted to come back and make sure I did this correctly. (Figured I'd just add on to this thread)
    Anyone else make this hookup differently. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by stealthmode
    I got an afr gauge as well to install on my mother in laws wrx. I hooked up the signal wire to the white wire on the rear o2 sensor. I wasn't sure if this was the correct connection because the only reading I got was very faint. It was the furthest red on the lean side, and hardly showed up at all.
    I got the information off of this site (for the white wire hookup) and I just wanted to come back and make sure I did this correctly. (Figured I'd just add on to this thread)
    Anyone else make this hookup differently. Thanks in advance.
    hey your not alone the same thing happened to me. i put it on the blue wire and it reads but not correctly it reads real slow , what gives.

I have hooked one up too and same thing happens. Lean to stoich, but never in the rich. And it does not move to and fro like it's supposed to. Then I learned that the rear o2 sensor is not meant to read the full 0-1V because the computer does not need it to read actual air/fuel. That's what the wideband one is for in the uppipe (or header, I forget). Anyways, that rear o2 is only supposed to measure after-cat mixture. I am just going to put in another 02 sesor from like a Mustang GT in an extra bung I have on my DP.
    02 WRX - XS Power header/UP/TBE, XS Power FMIC, MBC@15psi, Ported TD04L, Perrin shortram, Alum Radiator - 13.35@101
    05 Mini Cooper S - Bone stock
    95 Mustang GT conv. (Work In Progress) - BBK LT headers & h-pipe, dumped Flowmasters, Kirban AFPR, BBK subframe braces, 6-point rollcage, FMS springs, 70/30 struts, 50/50 shocks, K&N intake

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.