quick gauge Q...

This is a discussion on quick gauge Q... within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; EGT or A/F w/wide band o2 sensor? thanks...

quick gauge Q...

EGT or A/F w/wide band o2 sensor? thanks
    john john,

02 WRX
    84 300zx Turbo

Come see my Rock Band: Rocket Dial...for show dates or general info contact us at: Rocket_Dial@yahoo.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: quick gauge Q...

Originally posted by Smoke'n'one
    EGT or A/F w/wide band o2 sensor? thanks
    Depends on how much of your own tuning you do and how you do it. What are you mods? If you are willing to spend the money, then wb02 is the way to go. Personally, i will have both.
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

Originally posted by platano
    At 14???
    shoot , I'd hit it at current age, on roof of the car, with cousin driving , neighbor and town priest in the back seat, and that kid from "N.Korea" riding shotgun.

Re: Re: quick gauge Q...

Originally posted by BoostedBoxer
    Depends on how much of your own tuning you do and how you do it. What are you mods? If you are willing to spend the money, then wb02 is the way to go. Personally, i will have both.
    no mods have been done yet...i decided before i bought the car i would do this project right. i'm just starting out getting my basic gauges so i can watch everthing as i mod.

a/f gauge is self explained, but what exactly does the egt tell you. i mean obviously its the exhaust gas temp at the manifold, but what is that telling me. is it cooler if there's unburned fuel or what?

since i'm not moding the engine yet, i suppose an a/f is unneccessary. and thanks for any help
    john john,

02 WRX
    84 300zx Turbo

Come see my Rock Band: Rocket Dial...for show dates or general info contact us at: Rocket_Dial@yahoo.com

oh and btw, i'm trying to buy all VDO gauges. i've found the VDO EGT but i can't find the VDO A/F. i've seen one so i know they exist. does anyone know the part number or where i can find one. thanks

guess this thread turned out to be more than a quick Q...sorry
    john john,

02 WRX
    84 300zx Turbo

www.summitracing.com is probably your best bet to find guages and part numbers. Most say A/f are worthless. I would go with the EGT.

If your looking into your own tuning you might want to check out the turboxs tuna. www.turboxs.com
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

Originally posted by ebr0t
    www.summitracing.com is probably your best bet to find guages and part numbers. Most say A/f are worthless. I would go with the EGT.

If your looking into your own tuning you might want to check out the turboxs tuna. www.turboxs.com
    thanks bro
    john john,

02 WRX
    84 300zx Turbo

Personally I'm going with EGT. While A/F will tell you specifically what your A/F ratio is, which is important for tuning a la UTEC and the like, EGT in turn tells you whether your A/F ratio is acceptable. Unless you're going to get your car professionally tuned, I personally don't think there is any use at all for an A/F gauge, while having an EGT will tell you whether what you've done is safe or you need to back off a bit.

Originally posted by qoncept
    Personally I'm going with EGT. While A/F will tell you specifically what your A/F ratio is, which is important for tuning a la UTEC and the like, EGT in turn tells you whether your A/F ratio is acceptable. Unless you're going to get your car professionally tuned, I personally don't think there is any use at all for an A/F gauge, while having an EGT will tell you whether what you've done is safe or you need to back off a bit.

the A/F guages for most part just say rich or lean with that amuseing little moving light. I dont believe there are many that will tell you your AF exactly.
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *