Where Do You Route Your Boost Guage Hose???
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Where Do You Route Your Boost Guage Hose??? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have an Autometer mechanical boost guage that I am trying to install, and want to know where others have ...

Where Do You Route Your Boost Guage Hose???

I have an Autometer mechanical boost guage that I am trying to install, and want to know where others have routed the 1/8" nylon tubing through the firewall. I found an easily accesible area next to the A/C drain pipe, but I think it's a little far to route the hose from the cluster back to the blow off valve. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Where Do You Route Your Boost Guage Hose???

Originally posted by Rubby_Subby_R1
    I have an Autometer mechanical boost guage that I am trying to install, and want to know where others have routed the 1/8" nylon tubing through the firewall. I found an easily accesible area next to the A/C drain pipe, but I think it's a little far to route the hose from the cluster back to the blow off valve. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!
    there are little holes coverd by black plugs behind the pedals to wire guages through. That is your best bet.
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

Thanks

Thanks ebr0t for the response. I will take a look under there later tonight.

unscrew the two nuts of the windshield washer container and move it out the way for super super easy access.
    04 WRX Black no options!
    Helix up/downpipe, HKS catback & Bov, autometer gauges and MRT shortshifter, Bronze Rota SDRs, UTEC, tein SS coilovers, HKS type1 turbo timer, 6000K HIDs, JDM spec C front/rear lips, 20% tint
    to be installed: Mines Spoiler

I found a nice opening behind the intercooler, so the hose comes into the car behind the stereo, which is perfect if you have your gauge in that area. I think the most important thing is to use the route that gives you the shortest length of hose depending on where your gauge is going to be.

Subaru runs their's through a hole over the gas pedal. It's plugged with a pretty nice sized rubber grommet. I've run three hoses through mine no problem. It's very easy to get to if you pull the TMIC.
    Move.

even easier if you just do what i suggested.

Originally posted by Toophless
    Subaru runs their's through a hole over the gas pedal. It's plugged with a pretty nice sized rubber grommet. I've run three hoses through mine no problem. It's very easy to get to if you pull the TMIC.
    04 WRX Black no options!
    Helix up/downpipe, HKS catback & Bov, autometer gauges and MRT shortshifter, Bronze Rota SDRs, UTEC, tein SS coilovers, HKS type1 turbo timer, 6000K HIDs, JDM spec C front/rear lips, 20% tint
    to be installed: Mines Spoiler

Angry Only 8lbs of boost now

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. It is a lot easier to thread the tube through the firewall with the IC removed. I ended up using a large plugged hole just next to the master cylinder. I'm not sure I understand how pulling the washer resivor gives you easy access to the cab of the car. Please explain.

I do have one other problem though. I am only pushing 8lbs of boost in all gears. I know that the stock ECU limits boost to around 8 in 1st and 2nd, but shouldn't 3rd on up be closer to 14? I tee'd off of the 1/4" hose going into the blow off valve. Do I need to reset the ECU? Any suggestions.

ERIC

Sounds like you're running at wastegate boost. Are you the original owner of this car? Have you messed with the boost control setup?

Yes, I am the original owner of the car, and no I have not done anything to play with boost control settings. The car is less than a year old with just over 10k miles on it. The engine related mods I have are:

Removed Silincer
    Grounding Mod
    Catless Up-Pipe
    HKS Cat Back Exhaust

The car pulls very hard on my butt dyno, so I can't imagine that I'm only running half the boost possible. I am thinking that I will take in to a shop and see if they have another guage they can throw on to verify that the guage is working properly.

Typically you will see around 9psi max if you hooked up the vacuum lines (T that connects the turbo to the FBC and the wastegate solenoid) backwards. Did you remove any of these vacuum hoses during the uppipe installation?

I don't recall removing any vacuum lines when I did the up-pipe install, but that was last July. I will have to take a closer look later tonight when I get home.

Am I correct in tee'ing off of the blow off valve line, or is the hose supposed to be tee'd from somewhere else like the wastegate solenoid?

That's the usual spot, and also where the factory gauge is connected.

Thumbs up Working Good!!!!

I finally got everything sorted out. Thanks for the replys on the routing and boost issues. I figured out that my 3/16" mod was robbing me of 5 psi of boost I replaced that with the factory fitting and am now running at around 13 psi in 3rd and fourth. Thanks again for everyone's help. I post pictures if I can get them downloaded.

3/16

so....3/16 mod is mod that TAKES YOUR BOOST AWAY??? what is the point for it then?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.