Bel equipped Velveeta:1 FHP:0 short review

This is a discussion on Bel equipped Velveeta:1 FHP:0 short review within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Well, I got the bel 985 vector a few weeks ago, and have been hesitent to post a review of ...

Bel equipped Velveeta:1 FHP:0 short review

Well, I got the bel 985 vector a few weeks ago, and have been hesitent to post a review of it till it saved and/or did not save me. Driving around town its fine, autoscan works FAIRLY well at weeding out the other rays around, ie, grocery store doors etc..

Well tonite I'm on my way home from work getting on a local highway, a bit quick. I come up to about 85 and the detector starts going off Ka Band. So I slow down to 65 (speed limit was 65) like 7 seconds later... A Florida Highway Patrol in a Z28 chillin on the side of the road. I'm impressed.

Can't beat it for $215.
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

btw speeding is against the law Eli. You should have asked the z28 if he wanted to run.

Steve
    WRB WRX: Super 16g Equipped
    www.BrotSpec.com

I have the same unit. I did quite a lot of research before getting it and picked it over Passport. I was using Autoscan mode for a long time, it was pretty effective. I am now using mostly City X, because X is useless but you are right... for its price it is the best unit and in the top 3 radar detectors overall.
    Leo -
    2004 WRX Sedan (Mommy's Little Monster)
    -=Team Blue Sedan=-

Originally posted by LeonZ
    I have the same unit. I did quite a lot of research before getting it and picked it over Passport. I was using Autoscan mode for a long time, it was pretty effective. I am now using mostly City X, because X is useless but you are right... for its price it is the best unit and in the top 3 radar detectors overall.

i got autoscan then just put highway on when im on the... you guessed it.... highway.
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

Gotta get the arrows man, gotta get the arrows.

Oh well, for a jewish guy you made an alright choice I GUESS!

2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes