Blitz DTT in clock location?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Blitz DTT in clock location? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Has anyone tried or successfully mounted a Blitz DTT in the factory clock location, or any other turbo timer for ...

Blitz DTT in clock location?

Has anyone tried or successfully mounted a Blitz DTT in the factory clock location, or any other turbo timer for that matter? I'm getting dremel crazy, it's putting all these whacky ideas into my head...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

someone posted a picture before but I think it wasn't a blitz. I wouldn't personally do it because i reset and change the mode on my dtt quite often. If you just let it sit on boost reading then it'd be fine i suppose.
    03 wrx
    karboy ss/bushings, blitz dtt, catless, prodrive axleback

I think EVERYONE mounts the DTT in the spot next to the cupholder. If you make sure to move it over far enough you can see it perfectly. I don't really know why anyone would mount it otherwise. Nice and clean and easy to see. Heres a pic allthough I'm sure you have seen it before.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails picture 1532.jpg  
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

Originally posted by ebr0t
    I think EVERYONE mounts the DTT in the spot next to the cupholder. If you make sure to move it over far enough you can see it perfectly. I don't really know why anyone would mount it otherwise. Nice and clean and easy to see. Heres a pic allthough I'm sure you have seen it before.
    That's where mine is currently, and it just isn't in my FOV while driving. I don't like having to take my eyes off the road to see my boost gauge. Just looking for alternate locations.

And I mess with my settings every day, cuz I like to switch it to manual timer for warming up my car (or to keep the engine running while I unlock my mailbox, etc). But I don't think the clock location is THAT far of a reach.

I have it mounted there as well, and it's not at all easy for me to view. Unfortunately there's not very many other convenient places to put it.
    03 wrx
    karboy ss/bushings, blitz dtt, catless, prodrive axleback

Heres an old pic of mine. You can see the TT a little throught the steering wheel.

were i not in chem class right now, id get you a better pic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails webreadyinside.jpg  
    I created my avatar.

the spot right noext to the cupholder is the best spot in my opinion.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dcp_0686.jpg  

Originally posted by CKxx
    Heres an old pic of mine. You can see the TT a little throught the steering wheel.

were i not in chem class right now, id get you a better pic.
    Any gripes about that location? Miss the clock? Hard to reach/see? How was the install, any cutting required?

Originally posted by Richie03
    the spot right noext to the cupholder is the best spot in my opinion.
    I already have mine there. It gets blocked by my hand when it's on the wheel. That's why I'm looking for alternatives.

Move the DTT to the right a bit.

Yeah I just saw a picture of someone else's install up close and I'm not sure if I like the look so much. The silver looks odd up there...

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...hreadid=225983
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails console.jpg  

Originally posted by Wade-0
    Yeah I just saw a picture of someone else's install up close and I'm not sure if I like the look so much. The silver looks odd up there...

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...hreadid=225983

they do make a black one. Which would undoubtibly look better there then the silver. I agree it does look a bit off.
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.