Interior Paint
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Interior Paint within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I want to paint my defi gauge pod to match the original silver interior paint. There has to be a ...

Interior Paint

I want to paint my defi gauge pod to match the original silver interior paint. There has to be a simple, low cost solution and aomebody out there knows what it is.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Try Duplicolor. Believe it or not A can of duplicolor matched better than custom mix in my case.

Any idea what the color code/name is for that silver-ish color?

Pretty Close Match

I've found Duplicolor "DSFM 226 SILVER M" to be the closest thing to a match to the PSM Exterior paint or the simulated brushed aluminum on the interior. If used for exterior also shoot it with a coat of Duplicolor Clear Coat. Try to take your time and use multiple light coats for the best finish. This stuff is not removable so try it out on a junk piece of plastic that is close in color to what you want to paint. This will give you an idea if it will match or not. Just in case it doesn't you won't ruin your Pod and your only out $4.50 (it may be cheaper where you live. I am in Alaska) for the paint.

Joe

I used (forgot the brand of paint) color was stainless steel and it matched pretty much perfectly. I'll write the brand when I get home because I kept the paint. I'll also post pictures of it against the interior silver pieces.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not sure about the former."
    Albert Einstein

Mods: Kartboy shifter,Mobil 1 syn. AEM Short RAM, AEM Underdrive Pulley, Scorpion Axle-back exhaust.

Interior colors

go to your local hobby shop, get testor model master metalizer lacquer. Aluminum Plate (1451), and metalizer sealer (1459), and gloss clear lacquer (1961).

apply the aluminum plate multiple fine coats, DO NOT TOUCH OR BUFF. apply the sealer evenly (watch for runs), then when dry apply multiple coats of the clear lacquer. its a perfect match for the interior even the clear coat matches.

I will post a pic when I get my photoshop working, its screwed at the moment

Dan

picture

hope this pic works
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails silver_paint.jpg  

Looks Good!

I forgot one thing

The metalizer takes a long time to fully harden, let it sit for 24 hours then I put it in the sun for about 4 hours before installing it.

I used Rustoleum (hard hat)- Stainless Steel. I took some pics of my dash but the software for my camera is totally making my computer crash so I can't download my pictures. I'll try again later.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not sure about the former."
    Albert Einstein

Mods: Kartboy shifter,Mobil 1 syn. AEM Short RAM, AEM Underdrive Pulley, Scorpion Axle-back exhaust.

WR Blue interior paint

Can anyone suggest where to begin concocting a formula for some WR Blue interior paint?
    Blue '02 Wagon, factory short-throw & boost gauge...more to come...

bump
    vf34 turbo, utec, blitz sbc-id, defi center pod (w/ boost, egt, and oil temp gauges), sti 565c injectors, warlboro fuel pump, godspeed uppipe, godspeed downpipe, prodrive axelback, samco intercooler hoses, blitz sus intake, grounding mod, intercooler water sprayer, intercooler temp gauge.painted stock wheels w/ 225/50/16 avs1000 yokahamas, prodrive springs, whiteline rear strut tower bar, sedan rear swaybar, vivid solid endlinks, kartboy shortshifter, kartboy shifter bushings, momo shift knob,

i need the dark grey or was it black interior color, anyone know this color?
    La Fee Verte
    Subaru 2002 Impreza WRX Sedan

Originally posted by Nexus6
    i need the dark grey or was it black interior color, anyone know this color?
    the suby CF?

the color code for the interior black part of the dash not the silver part...
    La Fee Verte
    Subaru 2002 Impreza WRX Sedan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.