CDs are stuck!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on CDs are stuck! within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Well, I was driving my car (2004 WRX) to work yesterday morning and as one of my CDs finished up ...

CDs are stuck!

Well, I was driving my car (2004 WRX) to work yesterday morning and as one of my CDs finished up and the stock CD player switched to the next CD, the player got jammed!

I have had the same CDs in the player for about 2 weeks now with no problems. A few of them are CDs I burned off of MP3's, so I think with all the cold weather here in the nort east, the adhesive labels may have begun to peel off and that may have caused the jam.

Can anyone suggest the easiest way to get these out? I would really hate to pay a dealer to do it, but I also don't want to break the plastic of the dash, or worse, the CD player.

Thanks,

Ray

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If they're jammed, you'd have to take the stereo apart to get them out. If it's a malfunction in the head unit, try disconnecting the battery first. Sometimes it makes all the CDs pop out. if that doesn't work, the dealer will warranty the head unit (if it was indeed a malfunction). I had mine replaced under warranty when it stopped playing CDs.
    Deliberating enclaves of like-minded people are often a breeding ground for extreme movements - Cass Sunstein

[Note to self] Never insert a CD with an adhesive paper label into the CD changer. [/Note to self]

That seems to be a common problem with the cd changer that comes with the subaru. it happen to me within 6mths of having my subaru. if you cant fix it just take it to the dealer to have them fix it/

frederick
    Hks up/dp/ebc/ti exh; TeIN springs:
    kartboy ss; blitz bov; volk gt-c

...n we're just getting started

13.4@99mph

I think they just replace it.

Mine is totally fudged up.

I found out the reason why it jams, it is kinda hard to explain but I will try.

There are gears that rotate to lower and raise the platters, sometimes one of the platters will go up one more level than the other side of the platter and it is lop-sided and thus jams. The machanism to move the disk and switch will also not have enough room to travel between the platters.

Only thing I am worried about is when I warranty my cd player, I am afraid they are going to say that I tampered with it (which I have) and they won't warranty it. Even though it was broken to begin with.

What do you think the dealer would charge for this?

free under warranty

If your out of your warranty then yo uare going to spend a ridiculous amount of money getting it fixed and would be better off just getting an aftermarket head unit.

I've been cruising around for a week now with no radio. My whole stereo crapped out, when the ignition is on it makes a weird whirring noise like it's trying to spin a CD but there are none in there.
    It is being replaced under warranty, but the dealer has to order it blah blah what a hassle.

Originally posted by PKer
    I've been cruising around for a week now with no radio. My whole stereo crapped out, when the ignition is on it makes a weird whirring noise like it's trying to spin a CD but there are none in there.
    It is being replaced under warranty, but the dealer has to order it blah blah what a hassle.

I asked my dealer (240 miles away) if I could fedex or UPS the unit so I didn't have to drive and they gave me some bull**** answer and told me to try another dealer closer to me

My warranty is still good, so I will give a dealer a call this week and see if I can take it in.

Grrrr. Could be worse things wrong I guess

Mine got fixed on Saturday...I swear it sounds better now.
    Before I thought the speakers were blown or something, even though the CD player worked it sounded crackily like a blown speaker. With the new head unit I think the whole system sounds better!

I pretty much fully disassembled my head unit. I've been driving radioless for 3 days now, looks ghetto lol.

I'm going to cut out a piece of something and paint it silver and over it up for now.

I gotta put it back together and then see if I can send it back to subaru, I'll be damned if I have to drive all the way to a dealer.

Mine is going in tomorrow morning. I will let you know the results.

I hate leaving my car with other people

Dropped my car off this morning.

Dealer told me that CD player malfunctions caused by homemade CDs are not covered under warranty.

Where the heck does it say this? Anyone know? If this isn't specifically in writing somewhere, it better be covered under warranty!

Input appreciated.

thats crap......cd's are cd's.....I don't think I've played a store bought cd in my suby yet......all "homemade"......they should warranty it either way.
    vendeta2k
    Accessport + COBB SF Intake = BEST MOD EVAR!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast