10" Custom Sub Enclosure WRX/STi
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 10" Custom Sub Enclosure WRX/STi within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I figured I would just let anyone know that these sub enclosures are also made for the WRX and the ...

10" Custom Sub Enclosure WRX/STi

I figured I would just let anyone know that these sub enclosures are also made for the WRX and the STi ...

They fit on the driver's side of the trunk ....

http://www.imprezawrxsti.com/postnuk...ewtopic&t=5860

I bought one for my STi and I love it .... I had the same manufaturer's box in my old WRX as well ...
    02 Blaze Yellow WRX >>> 04 STi >>> 05 300c SRT8 w/100 shot >>> 06 EVO IX ... I'm loving it!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Is it actually a sealed enclosure or just a board that mounts in the trunk?
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

It's a sealed enclosure, made to fit that corner space as tight as possible (made of mdf)

It easily fits a sub as large as a JL 10W6 which has a pretty big basket...
    02 Blaze Yellow WRX >>> 04 STi >>> 05 300c SRT8 w/100 shot >>> 06 EVO IX ... I'm loving it!!

hmm is 155 a bit much for that? or that a good price?
    04 WRX Black no options!
    Helix up/downpipe, HKS catback & Bov, autometer gauges and MRT shortshifter, Bronze Rota SDRs, UTEC, tein SS coilovers, HKS type1 turbo timer, 6000K HIDs, JDM spec C front/rear lips, 20% tint
    to be installed: Mines Spoiler

from what I've seen, that's a good price, plus, that is shipped to anywhere in the continental U.S.

Keep in mind, it isn't just a $40 Truck box .... it's made to fit to the inside of your trunk ....

Sweet....i have a sub enclosure know that is on the passenger side....this enclosure will let me have to 10s in the trunk lol.

Hm I could build that for $60 or less, but I'd want to make one with more volume so my sub could hit loooow.
    - F r a n z

good point... just because a sub CAN fit in a space doesn't mean it will sound good at all. that space is way too small for a W6 to be truly effective. not to mention a decent sized amp to get the most out of said W6 wouldn't be small, either. what size MDF is used here? how is it joined? glue? nails? screws? both? lots of questions, and $155 is a bit high for this, IMO.
    s e t h
    "If you're going to live on the cutting edge, you'd better be prepared to bleed a little."
    Stink-Eye Mob #73, Hawkeye Alliance #667

i wanted to chime in on this one personally, as brett doesnt have the car audio background that i do. the enclosures he is selling are my enclosures that he is helping me to distribute. as for whether the enclosures sound good or work at all, you can ask any one of the hundreds of owners of my enclosures, and see what they say.

from an audio standpoint, before anyone jumps to conclusions about the enclosures, believe me, i wouldnt release an enclosure that i wouldnt put in my own car. many hours of testing goes into all of my enclosures, to find the right combination. when i was initially testing the wrx sedan enclosures (the old version on the right side of the trunk), i came across many new things. i first started by testing an enclosure that was exact to spec, at this time i was using a 10w3. what i found was that i could use a smaller enclosure on the side of the vehicle, to achieve the same response as the rear firing enclosure. working for a shop that owns an RTA and B&K meter has its advantages. the best overall enclosure size i found was an overall .9 cu ft (before woofer displacement). there was an enormous amount of time spent on the design of all my enclosures, nothing goes through without testing. another thing i found during testing is that regardless of woofer, whether it was in 1.2 cu ft, rear firing, or .9 cu ft side firing, frequency response was almost identical. i guarantee you that you wont notice a difference between the larger and smaller enclosure, i know cause i tested it. something you need to keep i mind is that the particular vehicle, will add in more low end than the box itself will. most cars experience almost a 15-20db increase in output, below 30hz. no box can come close to making up for that added output, unless its ported.

as for build construction, the enclosures are made mainly of 1/2" MDF, with a 3/4" thich baffle. the woofer is then countersunk, 1/4". all trim panels are made from 1/4" MDF. numerous pieces of the enclosure are CNC routered for an exacting fit, then glued and nailed together. matching trunk liner is then used to cover the enclosure. as for cost, $60 is pushing it with all the CNC work and material costs. factor in time to build the enclosures, shipping, and all the little extras and i think you will truely find that $155 shipped is a good price. i could build a car out of parts, but the time alone to assemble it and get it perfect is worth going to the dealership for.

as for amp power, class D amps are getting smaller and smaller, and all the while putting out more power. kenneth2000 is using a kicker kx400.1, which is mounted under a front seat. that amp outputs 400 watts RMS, which is plenty for his 10w6v2. i would have put a JL 500/1 in his car, but we were on a budget at the time.

also, just so everyone knows my background, i have been installing car audio/security/cellular for 10yrs now, with the last 6 being custom strictly. i have built show cars for shops and manufacturers. In total, i have built a few hundred of my subaru enclosures in the past, with maybe 1 to 2 returns total in that time, both of which were for fitment issues. i stand behind my enclosures 100% no matter what.

if anyone has more questions, feel free to email me at supersubee@cox.net thanks.
    kevin
    www.evo-auto.com

Well, if you factor in the cost of shipping, the price makes more sense. That's why I said I could build a box for less. So how many different sub-woofers did you test with the enclosure? I'm just curious. Anyway, it sounds like this would be a pretty decent enclosure for people who don't want to spend the time building a box or want a box that does not take up much trunkspace.
    - F r a n z

I bought one of the enclosure from evolutionauto and it sounds pretty good. I was using a Kenwood kdc-x869, JL audo amp 250/1, a 10w3 and alpine speakers in the doors. I am looking to get one for the enclosure for my driver side lol.

most of my enclosures get tested with 4-5 woofers here in house. then i get the feedback from customers on different woofers that i didnt get a chance to test. i normally use JL, RF, eclipse, JBL, or boston to test with. i prefer to use JL though, as that is my favorite brand of all time

kevin
    www.evo-auto.com
    kevin
    www.evo-auto.com

Your web site is not created yet? All I get is a domain registered page.
    - F r a n z

yep, still working on it. hopefully soon though.
    kevin
    www.evo-auto.com

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.