opinions about sti seats
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on opinions about sti seats within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i think i can score a set or vr.8 front and rear seats for 800 bucks. good deal? or would ...

opinions about sti seats

i think i can score a set or vr.8 front and rear seats for 800 bucks.

good deal? or would u guys reccomend spending a few extra hundred and getting sparcos. i myself like the sti feel and, their sti so they will fit right in.
    thanks guys................and girls

---------------------------------------------

Quote I live by:
    "I do things that most people won't so i can live like most people can't."

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Are they JDM STi seats? I think I heard that people like the JDM ones better.
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

i dont think so, the guy took them out of his 04 sti.

but i sat in an evo 8 and the recaros in that car kick ass hard!!!

but i think they will be a bundle.

Quote I live by:

US STi seats arent that good... They are too wide and dont support very well.

If you sat in the EVO recaros, imagine that but better with the JDM v7/v8 sti seats.

-Mike

Yeah, USDM STI Seats aren't as good as the USDM 02/03 seats. In 04 they decided to make the seats look a little cooler, but they also made them too big and soft for us fat americans I would try to find some JDM seats if I were you, I have sat in those before and they were so SO nice, they felt perfect! And I am 6'2' and 200 pounds. I would say the JDM Seats are better then the recaros, but the recaros I would take any day as well

My Mods

"The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel" - Koyokid RIP

I Support ClubWRX
    Some of you may be all JDM this and JDM that....and I suppose that's fine, afterall, it is your car, your perogative. However, some of you might want to note that you'll most likely lose height adjustment of the driver's seat since they drive on the right hand side. So assuming you can in fact mount the driver's seat on the left(without the ratchet getting in the way), you'll the a 4 year old girl's hand to be able to function the height adjuster.

Bah, you can get a full Catzkin interior (4 door panels, all leather seat covers) for whatever 2 tone, 1 tone, or suede seats for $814. If your not concerned about a few extra pounds and sliding around a bit, try it out!

why would i wanna slide around?

oh and i drove an evo today and im in love

Quote I live by:

Originally posted by wrxdrvr4life
    oh and i drove an evo today and im in love
    sell out.
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

i know, i know, i know, after the drive my dad asked me what i would buy if i was to buy one today and i told him, "i know i shouldnt be saying this becasue subarus are sooo amazing but i like the EVO better than the STI.

dont worry when and if i buy an EVO ill keep my beloved wrx. its like a child to me.

Quote I live by:

I have leather seats and I dont slide around. I dont "rally" a lot, but I still dont think it would make THAT much of a difference. Maybe though.

If you get suede in the center you probably wont slide around too much.

My 03 wrx seats are too wide for me. How much smaller are the jdm seats?

I just replaced my USDM STi seats with a set of JDM seats. Here is what I can tell you:

1. 100% improvement in fit. I have no idea why the US didn't get these seats, because they fit perfectly. Nice and tight, like Evo seats I sat in.

2. The colors are just like the USDM seats, so few notice any change, until they sit in them, of course! Not only that, but the black part of the seats have this nifty sort of red pinstriping on them, which I find to be a very nice touch. Maybe it's STi pink, but it is nice looking.

3. The height adjustment is now on the passenger side, but a) I don't care because I jacked mine all the way down anyway, and b) I hear it's possible to swap the mechanisms in the seats, albeit a pain in the butt. I figure heck, I'll just let my passenger play with the height if they like.

4. The rear bench seats have a passthrough to the trunk. Holy cow, how cool is that? All you need is a different latch for the armrest part to hook to, $15 from dealer. Also, you have to cut out the passthrough section of the trunk trim, but no biggie. You can just leave it out, but then you see the seat foam from the trunk.

5. The JDM seats have no airbags, so you have to insert and tape in 3.3 ohm resistors into the unplugged harnesses to keep the airbag light in the dash off, and maintain operability of front airbags. $0.10 each, and very simple way to fool airbag system. Side note: I was reading my owner's manual before inserting the resistors, and it warns you not to rest your arms on the door armrests, lest they be broken from the blast of the airbag in a side collision. Is that lame or what? I actually prefer no side airbags myself, just for that reason alone.

can we get a pic of the seats and also what did you pay for the jdm seats?

Quote I live by:

bri
    bump

wonderspark, did you get v7 or v8 seats? also i was wondering if anyone knew if 'spec c' seats were the same as v7 or v8. those are the only ones i can find for sale now... i heard the v7 is more snug than v8 though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.