Amp mounting
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Amp mounting within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Does any know if there is any room to mount an amp under the back seats. I have a friend ...

Amp mounting

Does any know if there is any room to mount an amp under the back seats. I have a friend (different car) who was able to do that. I have the wagon and I'm trying to get as much out of sight as I can. Thanks for the help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

To be honest, I'm not really sure since I haven't taken that part of the car apart, here's some things to things about :

You *might* have room back there, but you most likely need to do some cutting of things to get airflow into that space. Also, consider that the fuel tank is partially situated under there AFAIK, so I would strongly reccomend you not drill anywhere in that area.

There are some other good options, I'm probably going to put the amps under the front seats, and I'm sure if you played with the cargo tray under the floor of the trunk you could fit something under there, and just add some holes to the cover and maybe a fan.

If you end up going under the rear seats, be sure to get some pics...I'd like to see how it turns out. Good luck!
    4 tires...a motor...a couple doors I think...I'd have to check.

Thanks for the tips. As soon as it gets a little warmer out I'm going to start taking stuff apart to find where I'm going to put everything. On top of having a 4 channel amp to make room for, I have two crossovers for the Kappa Perfects. I'll post pics when I get everthing in.

There's a bar mounted under the seats. Dunno what type it is... strut/sway. But its pretty damn big and honestly i doubt you'd be able to get an amp under there and allow it to 'breath' without a load of cutting and being clever. If you were to do this it would deffinately take some time ... its up to you if its actually worth it . I put my car pc under my seat and you don't even notice it and its about 2x the size of an amp.

I'm assuming that you took the seat out so you could mount you PC. How did you take the seat out? After talking with some others, the back seat doesn't seem like it will work, so my other option is under one of the front seats like you suggested. The amp I'm using is a 4 channel RF 801x. I'll let you know what I find out when I get everything apart.

The seats detatch very easily, there's only 4 bolts plus a connector for the seatbelt sensor. The challenge is getting the thing out of your car without scratching any of the plastic trim. Be careful and take it slowly! It might help to have a friend aid you as the seat is pretty unweildy.

Well I need to take the pc in and out of the car as I continue to work on it so I just velcroed it down. Works flawlessly the thing doesn't budge. I originally thought I'd have to take the seat out but I didn't... as moving it all the way forward gave me enough clearance. I also designed it so the cables would be on the right side (right next to the center console). I'm sure your amp has connectors on both sides so you MAY have to remove the seat.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.