Car Alarm Reccomendations

This is a discussion on Car Alarm Reccomendations within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I've got some experience w/ the low-end Alpine car alarm (SEC-8028 I think). I'm looking to get something put into ...

Car Alarm Reccomendations

I've got some experience w/ the low-end Alpine car alarm (SEC-8028 I think). I'm looking to get something put into my WRX to suppliment the POS alarm that came w/ my car.

I'd like the following featurs:
    No Remote-start
    2-way pager *on* the remote
    Starter-disable
    Lock/unlock

That's about it..... Everything else I can mess w/ myself. I've looked into the Compustar (Which I've heard is a POS for security)

I'm just looking for suggestions to fit my needs..

Thanks all

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Actually most alarm companies are decent. Almost every company offers 2way(some with LCD screens as well). Every car company is starter disable and you can tap into the handbrake(lower and engine kills) as well as footbrake(depress and kills). Remote start is usually there regardless of whether you want it or not, but you can choose not to wire it up(not sure if you can make use of the turbo timer from the alarm if you do that though). One important aspect is wiring everything up and concealing the module. If you make it easy to locate and disable, it's useless.