where to ground ballasts?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on where to ground ballasts? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; should my JDM HIDs be grounded to the light harness switched ground or the chassis? the guy i bought them ...

zipity here, zipity there, i'm zipity everywhere...

where to ground ballasts?

should my JDM HIDs be grounded to the light harness switched ground or the chassis? the guy i bought them from has wires soldered to the ballast's grounds and metal O-rings on them, like they were grounded to the chassis, and i've heard from some people to ground them there, some say to ground to the harness switched ground. anybody running it one way or the other?
    i'm bombin' uppercut swipes
    as my knuckles ignite
    more strikes
    than a teachin' staff's
    fights for pay hikes

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Mine are grounded to the light harness.

If you want to get complicated with the wiring you can wire them to the body. But you will need a few relays and alot more wires to do this.

Just wire it to the stock wiring harness.
    No one will truely be free until nerd persecution ends.

zipity here, zipity there, i'm zipity everywhere...
    thanks guys. as soon as CC-B gets their 5hit together, i got some HIDS!
    i'm bombin' uppercut swipes
    as my knuckles ignite
    more strikes
    than a teachin' staff's
    fights for pay hikes

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.