Gauge Pod
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Gauge Pod within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I would like to mount 3 52mm gauges in the "clock slot' but it doesn't look promising. Who can make ...

Gauge Pod

I would like to mount 3 52mm gauges in the "clock slot' but it doesn't look promising. Who can make a suggestion? A-pillar (boy racer look)? Defi (which is unpainted).

I would expect some of the clock wiring could even be useful for a center pod mount.

Help?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I painted my defi pod with black BBQ grill paint and it looks fine. I even have friends that build hot rods say it looks stock. It is a great looking housing and I wouldn't let the fact that it needs some paint stop you.
    Ride on!
    Road Runner a.k.a. Mark

Yes the clock wiring does supply you with the power you need. At least it did for my Defi gauges.
    Ride on!
    Road Runner a.k.a. Mark

Someone on I-Club suggested that a color called Ford Smoke M was a good match. They used a flat spray paint for bumpers. I was too impatient to order this stuff and wait for it to come through the mail so I used Plasti-Kote number FM 8128 (Ford Smoke M) gloss paint and it ended up looking pretty good. I also filed off some of the hook part on the tabs so I could get it out easier when I needed to replace guages or bulbs.

Dale

Somebody told me the silver paint on the dash looks good too. Anybody know the subaru paint code or hoe to find it?

I can't find a defi gauge pod to save my life. Does anyone know of a source with one in stock?

I bought my Defi pod at Altered Atmosphere in Gaithersburg MD. I think that they moved since I was there last so I don't know the address.

Edit: I just remembered that Mach V in Virginia carries them as well. Check their website at www.fastwrx.com.

Dale
    Last edited by iceNine; 06-04-2002 at 05:14 PM.

Originally posted by russ
    I can't find a defi gauge pod to save my life. Does anyone know of a source with one in stock?

Godspeed

I got mine from Dan. He has a few diffrent gauges to go in it. I went with the Defi.
    Ride on!
    Road Runner a.k.a. Mark

I found one at http://www.wrxtuner.com/. I think iI tried everybody else.

Gauges, VDO, came from egauges.com. Boost, oil temp and pressure.

For the wiring using clock wires check this gentleman's very helpful web page: http://mikeegan.stormpages.com/Gauges.html.

For the oil pressure and temp sending unit bungs, go to: : http://www.spipowerexcel.com. This eliminates drilling, etc and fits just under the oil filter. They shipped like lightning. Good people.

Why nobody uses VDO is a mystery to me. These are high quality gauges at a very reasonable price.

I'll install this weekend.

The local speedshop where I bought my Altimeter gauges also carries VDO. They recommended against the VDO. Said that they had a lot of returns of defective gauges with their VDO units.

Not to be a smart alek, but how did the price compare? There is less mark-up in a VDO. VDO is OEM in BMW and Mercedes.

I don't remember exactly but I think that the price wasn't that much different. The margin (profit) on them may be different and therefore a shop might steer people away from them. But why carry an item if you don't want to sell it (or don't make a good profit on the sale)? Oh well, I don't understand business anyway especially overpriced speedshops.

Dale

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.