PhreeZe's I.C.E. Teaser Pic! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on PhreeZe's I.C.E. Teaser Pic! within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; SoundStream makes top notch amps! I've been a big fan for a long time. Their Davinci amp is beautiful and ...

I Support ClubWRX
    SoundStream makes top notch amps! I've been a big fan for a long time. Their Davinci amp is beautiful and the Human reign is freakin awesome!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails human1.gif  
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yeah, rotate the subs around and I think they'll look better. Just looks weird upside down like that. That's a pretty hefty-sized box you got. I hope it's rigid enough. I just checked out the SoundStream amps on their web site. The human reign 2 seems very comparable to my Earthquake 40U in terms of power and low THD. Anyway, Jason remember to break the subs in for a few hours of playing time and gradually increase the volume/excursion. I'm sure it will sound great.
    Last edited by Th3Franz; 01-20-2004 at 04:47 PM.
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

jason,

you car is gonna sound awesome.........although i see that the box is silver, my car is silver. i think you can see my concern.........

maybe you already answered this and I missed it, but where did you get the encloser for the subs? and where can i get one? and how much?

: : J-Lovin Moderator: : PhreeZe's Avatar
    Franz,

With my last subs, I broke them in for a week Just to be safe. But ya I'll rotate the subs once we install them. Problem is, there is pre drilled holes and I dont think they line up. I may angle them like this... / \ if that makes sense. As for the box, it was custom made out of fiberglass. Only way to get it is if you had someone make it like that. I cant wait until its installed!

Jason

P.S. You guys think 440 watts to each sub is too much? RMS is 300...
    "It's not how you stand by your car, it's how you race your car. You better learn that." - Ja Rule

Jason - Jasle@Centurytel.net
    Exterior & Appearance/Northwest Moderator

Vendor of Choice: World One Performance

thats fine, u can always turn the gain down. My JL's took about 1000 watts constantly and were absolutely perfect. they were W6's but JL has a very good reputation for being TOUGH
    "The only real sports are bull fighting, mountain climbing, and auto racing; all the others are just games"-E. Hemmingway

Originally posted by Chopstixx
    thats fine, u can always turn the gain down. My JL's took about 1000 watts constantly and were absolutely perfect. they were W6's but JL has a very good reputation for being TOUGH
    True. I got a pair of Rockford Fosgates in my car, 500W RMS a piece. My earthquake amp pushes 1200W RMS bridged like it's nothing at 4 ohms. I wailed on the subs pretty good while I was metering and they handled it no problem. JL and RF can take power without problems pretty much. I remember when a friend of mine took an old fosgate sub and plugged it into an AC outlet for fun. It took a long time for it to blow considering the current involved.
    - F r a n z

I Support ClubWRX
    You really have to be trying to blow a JL sub.... They are so vastly underrated that it's almost silly. They're competition grade stuff, so they underrate them as much as possible so they can be classified lower, you know? No worries with that power...
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

Awesome information guys! Now I feel happy

Jason
    "It's not how you stand by your car, it's how you race your car. You better learn that." - Ja Rule

Originally posted by PhreeZe
    Awesome information guys! Now I feel happy

Jason
    Tell Garret that it's too bad your video didn't include anything related to the stereo.
    - F r a n z

Originally posted by MidKnight
    SoundStream makes top notch amps! I've been a big fan for a long time. Their Davinci amp is beautiful and the Human reign is freakin awesome!!
    I think I would give myself a heart attack if I open my trunk and saw that everday. Reminds me of Han Solo

Jason

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123