help on climate control & air bag.

This is a discussion on help on climate control & air bag. within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; 1. climate control. I don't know when it happened but something fell through the heater/AC outlet on center console. I ...

help on climate control & air bag.

1. climate control.

I don't know when it happened but something fell through the heater/AC outlet on center console. I couldn't turn the climate control knob. I guess that "something" is stuck. how do I get that out?? I went to the dealer and they told me it would cost me 800 + labor.

2. air bag sign.

the yellow cable under our seat, which suppposed to be related to air bag, is completely disconnected. it's causing airbag light to come on. I went to the dealer and they estimated about 1500 for air bag cable and module + 500 for diagnos + labor. Do I really need those parts to be replaced? They said I can't just slice and connect that cable again becaise it'll create more resistance. Is that true??

thnx for your help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

2. Airbag - I can help with this one since I just fixed mine up myself. Get a 3.3 ohm 1/4 watt resistor, clip the wires so they are just long enough to jam all the way into the yellow wiring harness and fit in snugly, then tape the ends so they don't come out. No airbag light, and airbag system works normally, minus the seat's airbags of course. The resistors are about a dime each, much cheaper than any other alternative.

I got JDM STi seats, which are much tighter but have no airbags, so I had to do this to both seat connections. Works like a champ!

is this the same resistance for the steering wheel airbag???

Think so, but I admit I don't know 100%. I have to assume so, since it is the same system.

Quote Originally Posted by wonderspark
    2. Airbag - I can help with this one since I just fixed mine up myself. Get a 3.3 ohm 1/4 watt resistor, clip the wires so they are just long enough to jam all the way into the yellow wiring harness and fit in snugly, then tape the ends so they don't come out. No airbag light, and airbag system works normally, minus the seat's airbags of course. The resistors are about a dime each, much cheaper than any other alternative.

I got JDM STi seats, which are much tighter but have no airbags, so I had to do this to both seat connections. Works like a champ!
    I tried this and still have an airbag light on my car, any ideas?
    Now: 04 WRB STi (stock)

Update: I was using 3.3k ohm resistors which will not work. Using the 3.3 ohm works fine.
    Now: 04 WRB STi (stock)