high's/mid's?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on high's/mid's? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; not sure which high's/mid's to go with for my setup and was looking for some opinion's. running an apine iva-c800 ...

high's/mid's?

not sure which high's/mid's to go with for my setup and was looking for some opinion's.

running an apine iva-c800 + dvd dva-5205 player. a jl 10w7 with a jl 500/1 monoblock amp. the amp i'll have for the high's/mid's is a jl 300/2 amp.

thanks for any help.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    It's hard to recommend these types of speakers to people.... Highs especially. Some highs are metal dome tweeters and some are silk, and there are other types.... they all sound very different and have different sound properties. You really have to give us some more information on how sharp you like oyur highs, how loud you like your mids, etc. You really just need to listen to different speakers and judge for yourself as this is a highly subjective choice.
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

I had jl audio xr's all around with this system when it was in my last car. they didn't fit in the wrx, and i'm not against going with them again. mb quart is something i've always looked at, but they use (not sure if they still do) a paper cone. although, my last car was in integra, and you had to worry about water near the front speakers... so a paper cone was a bad idea. the wrx might not be setup like this at all, though.

occasionally, I thought the xr's in the front sounded like a mid... but that could of been just how I was hearing it. i'd almost prefer a sharper high, so to speak.

edit: hit send before I was done.
    Last edited by Snowvert; 01-16-2004 at 09:38 AM.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

I Support ClubWRX
    I dunno how you tried to fit them, but I had JL xr's in my car for about 2 days... They fit, but I didn't like them.... Like you said, they weren't very crisp up front.... nice mids tho.

There are so many good speakers out there that I feel bad suggesting anything.... That being said, Infinity, focal, boston acoustics all make nice sets. I like my Polk/Momo's because they have nice midbass and smooth crisp (but not sharp) highs. Good luck...
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

well, to my knowledge the xr's that fit in an integra are not the same size in a wrx.

I never tried to actually fit the ones from my integra, if I gave you that impression.

I'm actually not sure if I want the 10w7, or just want to go with the 12w7. will have to figure that out by the time I know the other speakers i'm going with.

do 6.5's fit in a wrx all around?
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq

I Support ClubWRX
    Nope. You can fit most 6.5" in the front, but the back won't take anything bigger than 5.25".

As far as your sub, I honestly thing that a 10w7 will be plenty in this car. I have a 10w6 and it already makes everything rattle. a 12w7 would shake the car apart. The rattles would be so loud that it would almost be pointless.
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno

nod, I hear that. the 10w7 should be plenty. price on them isn't too bad either. few people told me I could find one for around $500.

I know they make a xr650, but not quite sure on the xr525? any info?
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq

I Support ClubWRX
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno

good stuff, thanks. what's the diff between the csi and the cxi?
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq

I Support ClubWRX
    IIRC, the CSi are seperates, while the Cxi are Coaxial. So you need the cxi for the rear unless you wanna try and mount a seperate tweeter.
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno

ok cool. so that would mean I want xr650 csi's for the front... not cxi's, right?
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq

I Support ClubWRX
    Correct.

Threads like this make me wish we had a chat room or something here... this whole thread would have taken 5 minutes to discuss instead of all day!
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno

rofl, I know what ya mean. that would be a cool feature to have an active chat room.

anyway, thanks for all the help/info. going to go with the jl's again. have used jl really for every car i've owned, and they are quality. might as well stick with what works.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.