Need DRL HELP now!! Please...

This is a discussion on Need DRL HELP now!! Please... within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My request: - where is the brake light trigger/adjustment that turns on the DRL when you release the hand brake...I ...

Need DRL HELP now!! Please...

My request:
    - where is the brake light trigger/adjustment that turns on the DRL when you release the hand brake...I need to know ASAP..
    My brake light is consistantly on, even when i put the hand brake down.

My reason:
    A shop helped me install HIDs and adjusted something in the hand brake area that made the brake light on all the time to trick the car into thinking that the hand brake is on, so that the DRL would not turn on. I guess he did this because the DRL does not have enough power to power the HID, and thus leads to flickering of the HIDs...
    the shop wanted to charge me to have them TRY to fix it...damn!!
    ** I disconnected the DRL socket that's located under the glove box...

now I just need to get that brake light off...

I can take a picture and post it if someone needs it to show me..
    Thanks so much

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ttt...please

I'll take any info...perhaps something about what that sensor might look like?

the only adjustment that I see is one with 2 nuts that lead to a cable (i'm assuming it the hand brake cable), should I adjust it to make the brake light disappear when I put the hand brake down?

ttt

hey, i dont think i really can help u but i just wanted to let u know that that happened to me too. i took the drl unit off and the ebrake indicator wont turn off even with the ebrake down. all i did is plug the drl unit back on. i asked this ? like a month ago and noone replied. i pretty much replied on my own thread too.
    peace
    "u would never realize something unless u did the opposite"
    --me

Originally posted by gh0st1y
    hey, i dont think i really can help u but i just wanted to let u know that that happened to me too. i took the drl unit off and the ebrake indicator wont turn off even with the ebrake down. all i did is plug the drl unit back on. i asked this ? like a month ago and noone replied. i pretty much replied on my own thread too.
    peace
    the idiot that installed my HID just messed with the drl adjustment in the e-brake console and freaking TAPED my brake light indicater in the dash!!! I was pissed... anyways....

you said you "took the drl unit off"... and the brake light is still on even with e-brake down..hmm...sounds like some sensor (possibly in the e-brake console) is reading that the e-brake is up... i don't know... but i'll ask my installer where that adjustment is...

Well...my problem was solved when I got a paging alarm system and the installer fixed it... unfortunatly, i was not there when he did it, but I will go back to see him sometime this week...i'll keep you posted!

my installer was off today...i'll keep ya posted!

in the glove box remove the connector to take off DRL for HIDs

do a search

as for ur brake light -- he F**ked it up

goodluck

as i mentioned earlier...my installer took care of the brake light problem...i just wasn't there to see him adjust something in the e-brake console. My car is working perfect now...i might go see him later this week..i'll keep ya posted about how he "fixed/adjusted" the brake light sensor

There's a pink wire attached to the E-brake that tells the car when the brake is engaged. Your original installer probably moved the wire so the contacts were always touching. That would keep the DRLs from turning on. It's also about the stupidest method I can think of. I'd stop taking your car to that installer.
    Deliberating enclaves of like-minded people are often a breeding ground for extreme movements - Cass Sunstein

that guy screwed up big-time..i mean...i'm planning on throwing more money on this awesome car...but it ain't going to that fool!...he was a friend of mine, but i didn't know he would pull that one on me!!!

well...people that go to him never goes back for anything because he always takes shortcuts...i mean..damn...wtf?...
    anyways...i think you were right about that pink wire thing...how to move it so it functions normally...i don't know... but good luck with getting it back to normal

Any updates?
    Now: 04 WRB STi (stock)

1. shoot your installer

2. search this forum for hid installs and it'll guide you through proper installs. Then copy and print the thing and mail it to your installer.

3. Give him a hard time for a shady install. Maybe he'll give you a refund or a discount or something.

4. Correct the mistakes he made or your expensive hid's are gonna fry.

5. Skip #1 and do #2 first. Then if all fails....... Shoot him

So what happened to get the brake light out?
    Now: 04 WRB STi (stock)