AutoDimming Mirror mod - too dark???
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on AutoDimming Mirror mod - too dark??? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My WRX is the first car I've ever been in with an auto-dimming compass mirror. Don't get me wrong, I ...

AutoDimming Mirror mod - too dark???

My WRX is the first car I've ever been in with an auto-dimming compass mirror. Don't get me wrong, I love it, but for my own personal tastes, it seems to dim a little *too* much sometimes, almost becoming deep purplish - so much so that I can see the headlights of the cars behind me, but it becomes difficult to actually see the cars themselves (obviously worse when it's really dark out). So I tried this out and so far it seems to be working pretty well. The mirror still gets dark in response to a bright light, but not so much so that I can't see behind me anymore.

This has got to be one of the silliest "mods" I've ever done, but it works, and seems to work well, so I guess I shouldn't complain, but when you see the pic I think you'll understand what I mean (it's scotch tape)

Obviously you'll have to try it and see for yourselves if it works. I only used one layer of tape.
    Last edited by cannibal869; 05-15-2008 at 03:25 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

pseudo hijack:

has anyone noticed the tint disappearing from the mirror? there used to be a 1/4" border around the mirror that wasnt tinted...but thats grown to about 1" around (more in some places, less than others) in the past few months

am i alone in this?
    271whp/240wtq
    MODS
    mauromotorsports

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.