Installing Blitz SBC-ID 3

This is a discussion on Installing Blitz SBC-ID 3 within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Has anyone done this themselves that could quickly pm me or type up how you do it. It came with ...

Installing Blitz SBC-ID 3

Has anyone done this themselves that could quickly pm me or type up how you do it. It came with instructions, but not that good as they are general for every car. I know i hook it up following the actuator type wastegate. And where would be the best placement for the solenoid, the computer board with the vacuum hose coming out of it, and any suggestions on dash placement of the display?...thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

My suggestion, don't install it.

I basically I use mine as a Boost Gauge only now.

Do NOT use any of the stock vacuum hose. The right side small hose (about 2") has a metal pill in it that WILL screw up the Boost controller. Other than that, actuator goes to SBC solenoid OUT, turbo side goes to SBC solenoid IN. Guage vacuum line just run direct off the intake manifold.

As soon as you pull enough boost to cause detonation, you'll go into limp timing mode. The more you try to pull, the more limp it gets. Also the ECU will keep trying to reduce boost -- the end result is unreliable and inconsistant power. Go with an XEDE or some other piggyback system or replace the ECU completely and/or get a custom reflash.

Rob

Um, I don't exactly agree with V8VENOM's post. When installed and configured correctly, there is no better boost controller for the WRX - with or without new engine management.

Unfortunately, I can't tell you how to install it, because I paid someone to install mine, but I can help you with the settings once it's installed.

To get some real help, you should first ask a moderator to move this thread to "Engine Performance". You'll get lots of helpful replies there. Oh yeah, and if you perform a search for "SBC-iD installation", you'll find everything that you need to know, including pictures.
    Matt
    WRX-less, now RSX-y!!!

My experience is specific to an '04 STi so if you are not talking about that type of WRX, then I'm sorry and the SBC may indeed work for you.

Rob

http://www.imprezawrxsti.com/postnuk...ewtopic&t=5624

I did a quick write up... I have plenty of more pictures, and I can go into much more detail but on that forum i have a 5mb picture attachment limit and i have already maxxed it

Robert~
    Static X Motorsports, INC.
    A ChriSTIan Corporation

Alternate location if you want it higher and hides the wire somewhat.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sbcid3.jpg  

My wire actually goes through the vent. It's very well concealed, and does not affect the movement of the vent.
    Matt
    WRX-less, now RSX-y!!!

Originally posted by V8VENOM
    My experience is specific to an '04 STi so if you are not talking about that type of WRX, then I'm sorry and the SBC may indeed work for you.

Rob
    Where do you live? Ill come make it work on your car...or any other turbo vehicle on this planet. If it doesent work for you, its probable that the unit is broken, and should be exchanged for a new one.
    I created my avatar.

Originally posted by StaticX313
    http://www.imprezawrxsti.com/postnuk...ewtopic&t=5624

I did a quick write up... I have plenty of more pictures, and I can go into much more detail but on that forum i have a 5mb picture attachment limit and i have already maxxed it

Robert~
    Alot of people reccomend against using the FPR as a vac source. Have you had any problems?
    I created my avatar.

I got the SBC ID3 to work fine, but like I said -- as soon as you run enough boost to cause detonation the ECU starts pulling timing until you negate whatever was gained by the added boost. Unless you like to reset your ECU every week?

If you can find where I said I didn't get the SBC ID3 to work then I owe you a beer or something -- in re-reading my message I make no mention of not being able to make the SBC ID3 work?

Again this is my experience with an '04 STi ONLY.

With the SBC ID3 hooked up, my car dyno'd at 232 AWHP with 15.0, 230 AWHP at 16.0, 227 AWHP at 17.2. With the SBC ID3 used as just a guage, not a controller and the Vishnu XEDE I was able to dyno 250 AWHP on 91 octance and 275 AWHP on 100 octane.

Like I said, remove the SBC ID3.

Rob.

Granted, it does let you run dangerously close to detonation, but it sure is nice to be able to graph the boost level and simply switch to another boost channel when it's cold as heck outside.
    Matt
    WRX-less, now RSX-y!!!