Which subs for PhreeZe's car??
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Which subs for PhreeZe's car?? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey whats up everyone. I am ready to buy some subs and need your advice! So I was thinking on ...

: : J-Lovin Moderator: : PhreeZe's Avatar

Which subs for PhreeZe's car??

Hey whats up everyone. I am ready to buy some subs and need your advice! So I was thinking on buying 2 12" Punch HX2 Dual 2ohm Subwoofers. I can get two brand new for about $220. Any word on them? My friend has them and they sound great. Also was thinking of some Infinity Perfect Kappa 12.1. They are about the same price also. Anyways instead of those subs, you guys have any other suggestions? Please let me know why you chose it and what not. Problems I have with these subs is that they have been out for a while. Dont want them to get otu dated Anyways I appreciate your guys' help and look foward to your responses!

Jason

P.S. If I get the Rockfords, I'm gonna use this amp http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=18797

Is that a good amp? Will those work for 2 12's??
    "It's not how you stand by your car, it's how you race your car. You better learn that." - Ja Rule

Jason - Jasle@Centurytel.net
    Exterior & Appearance/Northwest Moderator

Vendor of Choice: World One Performance

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sorry mods, ment to put this in cockpit and cabin. Feel free to move it but I like the extra traffic here

Jason
    "It's not how you stand by your car, it's how you race your car. You better learn that." - Ja Rule

3rd person rocks says ebr0t
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

Originally posted by ebr0t
    3rd person rocks says ebr0t
    watchu' talkin about willis??

That amp seems to be to powerfull for your needs. Its easier to buy the subs and then to buy a matching amp for them.
    Last edited by Honest Bob; 01-11-2004 at 10:37 AM.

From personal experience with tons of subwoofers including Rocksford, I'd stay far away from Rocksford. The quality of their speakers are junk. They have a tendency to blow real quick. The best speaker by far that I have experienced is Pheonix Gold the Titainium Series. I only have one of these in 12" in my trunk and everyone that gets in my car thinks that I have at LEAST two 12's. It's one of the highest quality subs that I've had. I suggest just one of these. The sound from just one is amazing with the right amp. I'm only running a 300 watt amp with mine. I'm pretty sure the speaker can handle more though. I'm also running it in a sealed box. For those that don't know. It's a box with just the speaker hole cut out. There are no other "ports" (holes found in ported boxes) in the box. I think this is a great set up if you don't want too much extra weight in your trunk. Just my 2 cents.
    2004 WRB Cobb Stage II WRX
    220whp 210wtq

go JL man. the W3's will sound awesome. If you can afford them, the W6's are insane. I used to have 3 12 w6's with a rockford 1200 and it was just rediculous. or if you are a big timer go with the w7's. they are the best subs around, imho. Sealed box always! ports sound like ****, unless its bandpass...but thats not really my kinda sound. if you want a hard hit, go JL all the way!
    "The only real sports are bull fighting, mountain climbing, and auto racing; all the others are just games"-E. Hemmingway

I'm lookin to spend about $100-$150 per sub. I really want the JL 12w3v2. But the 500x1 amp is so pricey Man I dont know what to do. Oh and I HAVE to get (2) 12's. I will explain why after I get my equipment Thanks for your help! Anymore suggestions?

Jason

J you know how I feel about Rockford. I have used them since the 80's and never blown a single speaker. I say this deal is your best bang for the buck. Go for it.

P.S Too much power never killed speakers, to little power kills them.

The new JL W3v2 caught my attention... Or maybe the Diamond Audio M6 but I have no idea how much they go fore. Ahh so many decisions!

Jason

zipity here, zipity there, i'm zipity everywhere...
    i've used RF for roughly 5 years and have never regretted it once. Never blown one, even with 1000RMS going into my big dog. I recommend the Power HX2 15", it's so choice.
    hits LOW, and handles mids pretty dam well too.
    I'm also *ahem*, selling mine, used for about 6 months, you can have it for $120 plus shipping, if you're interested. great condition.
    i'm bombin' uppercut swipes
    as my knuckles ignite
    more strikes
    than a teachin' staff's
    fights for pay hikes

Like I said before, I HAVE to have (2) 12's. It will all make sense to you guys after I show you guys some pics. I may now be getting the new JL 12W3V2 subs. Powered by a Phoenix Gold Amp... Havent decided yet.

Jason

Originally posted by iv30
    P.S Too much power never killed speakers, to little power kills them.
    Thats a common car audio myth.

Basic Car Audio Electronics

****load of car audio related information. Good read if your up for it.

Here is the direct link that dispels that particular myth.

Linky

Rockford Fosgate has pretty good subs. I have two Punch HE2 10" subs hooked up at 4-ohm to an Earthquake amp. That amp is pushing well over 1000W RMS, and my subs take it in stride, even when I wail on them for SPL. The HX2 subs are pretty solid, and if you can get two of them for that price, go for it. That amp will work great with two 12" HX2's. It doesn't hurt to overpower them a little bit, as you don't have to worry about clipping as much. Any specific reason as to why you want two 12" subs? Are you going for loudness? You may want to look into a single Power HX2 like someone suggested. Those are beasts.
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

If you underpower speakers too much and the amp has to send a clipped signal, it's not difficult to kill speakers. Those links didn't work for me. I wanted to see what they had to say.
    Jason, what type of enclosure are you going to have? If you're after loudness (SPL), get a ported box that's tuned right and a pair of HX2's will pound. I'm hitting 135 dB with my two 10" HE2s in a medium-sized ported box. I know I could gain a few dB if I build a new, bigger box, though.
    Last edited by Th3Franz; 01-11-2004 at 07:05 PM.
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.