OEM Turbo Gauge

This is a discussion on OEM Turbo Gauge within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Is it possible to use the oem turbo gauge housing and wires but use an aftermarket turbo gauge instead? b/c ...

OEM Turbo Gauge

Is it possible to use the oem turbo gauge housing and wires but use an aftermarket turbo gauge instead? b/c the car i wanted came w/ the turbo gauge and they couldn't get rid of it. Just wondering b/c i don't want to end up w/ 2 turbo gauges, i prefer the measurement to be shown in Lbs instead of BAR.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

this is what I did, the factory one is too small for my lazy eyes, and I really loathe reading in bar but yeah, its nice that theres already power and a boost line plumbed to that spot so I just stuck an autometer 20psi one in the same spot, its bigger so you will have to shoehorn it into the stock pod somehow or find a pod that works better, but that is definitly the best place for a gauge, I really dont like those pillar ones
    Invisiguard@sbcglobal.net

Bom
    my only suggestion would be to solder the connection and use heatshrink
    03' EVO
    92' CX TURBO HYBRID

The 45mm Omori will fit in the stock cup but it's a tight fit, I did this on my WRX. Go to www.j-spectuning.com you can get the stock looing Omori with red needle and red backlight it's 45mm the stock one is like 43?(can't remember) anyway it will fit.
    -Abe

Originally posted by Abe Froman
    The 45mm Omori will fit in the stock cup but it's a tight fit, I did this on my WRX. Go to www.j-spectuning.com you can get the stock looing Omori with red needle and red backlight it's 45mm the stock one is like 43?(can't remember) anyway it will fit.
    Could you be so kind as to post a photo of it installed and illuminated?

I'd be content in having the clock display my boost... how cool would that be...
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

Sorry don't have illuminated pix of mine or the car anymore(this was in my 03 wagon)...let me look for install pix tonite.

Look here for some install pix(including illuminated...http://www.j-spectuning.com/45mm_column.pdf

I have some STI look alike Omori guages on the way from J-spec as I type, I was very happy with the 45mm version so I went 52mm and center console as I'm adding more guages.
    -Abe

Originally posted by Master Of Pain
    Could you be so kind as to post a photo of it installed and illuminated?
    a search yielded this.
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showt...+column+mounted

check this one out. this is the omori guage in the stock housing (45mm)

i'll be jamming an Omori EGT into a stock hood, and replacing my stock boost guage with an Omori as well.

dR

in case the link dies

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails omori in stock hood.jpg