too much money?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on too much money? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2451121037 its a set of 3 autometer carbon fiber series gauges and an A-pilar pod. i jus wanna kno if ...

too much money?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2451121037
    its a set of 3 autometer carbon fiber series gauges and an A-pilar pod. i jus wanna kno if the price seems rite for this cuz i dont kno much about it

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Im not sure if its a good deal or not. Only reason im posting is to let you know that i price checked at the Subaru dealership of getting "just" a boost gauge and installation and they were talking $350 installed. About $225 was just for the boost guage. So this deal your getting 4 guages for 500+.

Doesnt seem to shabby but i havent even looked at Performance websites. Check into a couple websites and see what they are selling it for. If you can save $50+ then do the ebay deal. Im a ebay skeptic. Lots of crap (literally) on ebay.

That seems like a prety good deal seeing that you get 4 guages for it. They arent the pretties guages in the world, but they arent bad looking.

Don't get autometers and DEFINITELY don't get the A/F gauge. What makes more sense is to get 2 52mm Greddy elecs in an A-pillar pod. If you get EGT ($150) and Boost ($125) plus the pod ($50) you'll be spending around $325-$350 total for a FAR superior setup. The difference between Autometers and Greddys is night and day. If you get Autometers you'll end up selling them and buying Greddys later anyways

Originally posted by Schaf100
    Don't get autometers and DEFINITELY don't get the A/F gauge. What makes more sense is to get 2 52mm Greddy elecs in an A-pillar pod. If you get EGT ($150) and Boost ($125) plus the pod ($50) you'll be spending around $325-$350 total for a FAR superior setup. The difference between Autometers and Greddys is night and day. If you get Autometers you'll end up selling them and buying Greddys later anyways
    Where exactly does the difference lie? I have the CF AutoMeter boost gauge and I LOVE it... great deal and the carbon fiber is oh so pretty
    03 WRB WRX

There is certainly nothing wrong with Autometers, they do exactly what they're supposed to and they look ok..

The difference comes in the overall quality of the gauge and the precision of the readings. When I went from Autometer Sport-Comps to Greddy elecs I immediately noticed how much smoother the needle movement was and also how much faster the response was in terms of readings. From a visual standpoint, the backlighting on the Greddys vs. the backlighting on the Autometers was no comparison whatsoever. The greddy gauges are so much easier to see in daytime and at night and this is obvious if you look at the two side by side.

Also, if you get the Greddy elecs, the installation is much easier than the autometers and I guarentee they'll last longer.

Finally, the cost of the Greddys is very close to the autometers and for what you're getting it's more than worth it.

I'm not knocking the autometers, I just personally prefer the Greddys and am MUCH happier with them than I was with autometers..

-Michael

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.