Need gauge advice

This is a discussion on Need gauge advice within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have my UP, DP, and cat back on my car right now, and i have a stage 2 unichip ...

Need gauge advice

I have my UP, DP, and cat back on my car right now, and i have a stage 2 unichip i want to install badly. However, i gotz no gauges . I don't know if i'll need an EGT, because i have a local AWD dyno, which i will take the car to right after plugging in the unichip to check my A/R ratios. Would the stock boost gauge be sufficient? I don't really wanna spend more than about $200 ( id rather spend the extra dough on a bigger turbo and injectors than "cooler" gauges). Anyone know how much i could get an Autometer setup for? I appreciate the help, i need a boost gauge ASAP.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Check Summit or Jegs online for gauge prices. Autometer would be your best bet price-wise. I got a good boost gauge and cup for $65 from Summit.

i dont recommend autometer. if you want quality gauges get OMORI, DEFI, BLITZ, GREDDY, HKS, etc.
    La Fee Verte
    Subaru 2002 Impreza WRX Sedan

I remember seeing some Rally guages a while back for around $75 for the Evo 8, Im sure they make them for the WRX too. they were black and lit up red, not sure of the website though sorry.

Originally posted by Nexus6
    i dont recommend autometer. if you want quality gauges get OMORI, DEFI, BLITZ, GREDDY, HKS, etc.
    I do recommend autometer.

There is nothing wrong with them AT ALL they work as well as any "JDM" gauges. Thousands of domestics and race cars use them (and i do) with no flaws whatsover. If you want to save some $ go autometer.
    skidpad kid: you're the BOMB
    Shard of me: i know

Joshiscookin: Hey fragment.

egauges.com have good prices.

JDM gauges are way over priced.

Spending 500$ for gauges...

Not worth it in my opinion, yes the defi setup is nice.... but not worth it. (IMO)

I am planning on getting some VDO gauges and will end up costing me around 300-350$ max for oem gauge pod, 3 gauges, and all the wiring and senders, etc.
    Last edited by Chunks; 01-30-2004 at 02:58 PM.

Well, i ended up getting 3 Greddy 52mm gauges. EGT, Boost, Oil temp. They're super nice, still waiting to get the EGT and oil temp installed. Should i drill the manifold for the EGT? Or just do the downpipe?

Originally posted by ihateSUVs
    Well, i ended up getting 3 Greddy 52mm gauges. EGT, Boost, Oil temp. They're super nice, still waiting to get the EGT and oil temp installed. Should i drill the manifold for the EGT? Or just do the downpipe?

Most drill the manifold. Cylinder 3 if I recall correctly is what most do.
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *