should I buy the Performance Gauge Pack?

This is a discussion on should I buy the Performance Gauge Pack? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just bought a 2004 wrx wagon and pick it up the afternoon of 12/31. The dealer is going to ...

should I buy the Performance Gauge Pack?

I just bought a 2004 wrx wagon and pick it up the afternoon of 12/31. The dealer is going to let me have any options I want at dealer cost. Is the Perfomance Gauge Pack worth it?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

depends how much it costs... but general consensus is that it's a rip-off
    autobahn storming scooby

I went with this pack thinking that the oem stuff would be good. This is not the case for the gauge pack. The gauges are too small to look at while driving. Plus, it does does show the peak or playback, this can be very important. For the amount that I paid for mine from the dealer, I could have had an aftermarket one that
    1 - had many more functions
    2 - looked better (gauge pack illuminates white and is very ugly)
    01' GSXR1K Sold
    02' S2K Turbo Sold 5-24
    04 SLO STI Sold 01/04
    03' Cobra
    Pictures

I say no. The gauges that are useful to most people are boost, exhaust gas temperature, and either oil pressure or air/fuel ration. The performance gauge pack has boost, which can be read by anything from a simple turbo timer to a fancy gauge, plus two other useless gauges. Quite frankly, the clock itself is more useful on a stock WRX, and once you have the need for gauges, chances are that you won't choose a tiny voltage meter or something that reads water temperature.
    Matt
    WRX-less, now RSX-y!!!

Originally posted by Bask Oner
    I say no. The gauges that are useful to most people are boost, exhaust gas temperature, and either oil pressure or air/fuel ration. The performance gauge pack has boost, which can be read by anything from a simple turbo timer to a fancy gauge, plus two other useless gauges. Quite frankly, the clock itself is more useful on a stock WRX, and once you have the need for gauges, chances are that you won't choose a tiny voltage meter or something that reads water temperature.

Hahaha, that is very true, I would rather have a clock than the stock gauges.
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

NO. The gauges are too small to read. Get some aftermarket guages.

-Jim