Finally Pix of My Setup (Car PC)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Finally Pix of My Setup (Car PC) within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Yay got a digi camera for christmas! Don't really know how to use it correctly but anyway here are pics ...

Cool Finally Pix of My Setup (Car PC)

Yay got a digi camera for christmas! Don't really know how to use it correctly but anyway here are pics of my setup!

Allrite this is driving me nuts... I'm using the IMG tag but its still just displying a hyperlink... wtf?

Dash with LCD tucked away:

Here's the PC under the drivers seat (seat pulled forward). The system is a VIA EPIA-M10000N - specs: 1ghz/512MB ram/80GB HDD/802.11g wireless. Case is hand made (used a laser cutting machine to etch the WRX Impreza into the case) I used a DC to DC power supply so I didn't have to deal w/ any AC converters:

Here's the seat pulled back over the computer:

The Desktop:

Connected to UTEC:

Using GPS (I'm going to need to find better software... this one kinda sucks...):

Connected to the internet...:

Here's The color matching keyboard/gyro mouse :

Trunk with RF 1000bd amp powering (under powering actually) the RF 12" HX2 Power. In the front are infinity Perfects and in the rear are some bose... i forget which ones. Perhaps if I'm feeling schizophrenic I'll pick up another mono amp for the sub and an amp for the speakers upfront:

Oh ya... check this out... this was taken yesterday in Las Vegas NV: SNOW!!!

Also if anyone has any ideas... I just put my XM antena under the clock in the dash. Whenever the LCD is on the signal turns to CRAP. Could this be from interference?
    Last edited by f1ce; 01-06-2004 at 08:22 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have to say that is one of the coolest interior mods I have seen yet
    "*gasp* this car is fast" -my mom
    "wow this really pulls" -my dad
    "i want one" -a friend

looks like you go to CU... thats cool cause i'd love to check all of this madness out that you have done to your WRX. i'll be back out there in the spring semester, so we should try to meet up.
    o-|-<) bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

Homestar runner, good stuff

Nice setup

Gigabit wireless? Looks cool. Once I get a WRX, perhaps I will try a similar project, depending on how much money I have left over, lol. How do you like that Pioneer HU? I've got the DEH-p8400Mp that will be swapped out of my current car, along with the rest of the system. What size speakers do you have up front? Do 6.5" components work? I have a RF Punch 500S that I might use to power some components. It was my old sub-woofer amp. I have an Earthquake amp for my two subs that pushes well over 1200 W RMS at 4 ohm. Nice install in your car.
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

Ya I guess I don't know what I was talking about when I said gigabit heh... meant g.... anyway the deck is ok... nothing big... its the deh 6500 i think... I got that a while ago with the components. I don't really recall what the size of the comps were... I think they may be 5.25" but I really dunno... sorry and I had to do some mdf spacers... was a PITA but oh well it works

ya wrinkle I'm at CU...

Really nice setup! How do you think the HD will handle if you Rally the car? What power supply did you use?
    Silver -02 Impreza WRX

Ya the HDD is the main concern I have... It was a 80 giger I had lying around so I figured Id give it a shot. I mounted the drive perpendicular to the road in an effort to avoid crashes. If anything happens to the drive I'll prolly go out and pick up a laptop drive. But hopefully nothing will happen *knocks on wood*

And the power suppy is found on ebay... awesome awesome product.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=3670

I Support ClubWRX
    Great setup!

I'm also using an Audioforge power supply on my carpc. A little different from the one that you linked; it's long and skinny and plugs into the ATX power connector on my Epia 800 board.

I'm currently using mine for MP3's and cartoons for the kids when their in the car. I use MediaEngine for my interface. (I wish to high heaven that I had a touch screen)

I've contemplated a GPS implementation; I just haven't found software that's really easy to use when I'm going down the road. My 7" screen is fine for MP3 playing and the like, but with MapPoint running, the fonts get really small and difficult to deal with, no matter how I tweak the windows settings...
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I am mos def getting an LCD head unit as my next mod that i awsome

homestar!!!
    looks sweet
    www.thewrxstore.com
    T3/T4 Kits starting @ $2500.

630.510.8981- Voice
    630.510.9978- Fax

My 7" screen is fine for MP3 playing and the like, but with MapPoint running, the fonts get really small and difficult to deal with, no matter how I tweak the windows settings...
    Originally I had some rand mcnally bs that came with the navman unit (heck was only about $100). Anyway i went over to best buy and bought a map proggrie from MS: Streets and Trips. I haven't used it too extensively but in a few minutes I found that you are able to adjust the fonts making it VERY legible... I'll take some pics soon.

I Support ClubWRX
    I'd like to see that! I'd love to get the GPS thing going again...
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Wow, can I have one too.... please!!!!

Very Nice! I was going to post pictures of my in dash screen but that can wait a few weeks now... This blows my set up away! Very nice. Its like what i wanted to do, cept i had no idea how to do it. Oh well! Looks really nice!
    Justin
    2003 Sonic Yellow
    NOT STOCK ANYMORE!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.