Trunk rattle in STi?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Trunk rattle in STi? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; For those of you with a sub(s) in your STi, is there any trunk rattle? And how is the sound? ...

Trunk rattle in STi?

For those of you with a sub(s) in your STi, is there any trunk rattle?

And how is the sound? my brother has a WRX and his sub sounds good when he the middle part of the back seat down and the sub faces the cockpit... how does it sound in the STi?
    '04 WRB STi
    Mods: Removed Air Box

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Question

Probatly the same?
    Sorry can't help you, but I guess why you ask is because in the STI you can't fold down the seats like you could in the pre 2001 Wrx !?

I don' t have a sub in the trunk yet, Not sure if I will either because of the added weight, but I'm able to flip down the middle section of the seats (where you can put your snowboard trough.) Whit this down you probatly will get some of the sound trough without to much interference.

I can't really answer you question, but if anything rattles throw it out Alot of noises will go away when you get rid of the spear wheel and all the tools
    Silver -02 Impreza WRX

roffa, why did you bother answering that? you offered nothing there

i don't notice any rattling that wasn't there before with my two subs. i had the same two subs in my WRX and the only difference with the passthrough down was that the bass was a tad louder than in my STi. that's easily overcome with a little more gain, and i actually think the bass is tighter in the STi, probably because of that very lack of a passthrough. i have the same box (built to mirror the angle of the back of the seats, so it sits right behind them in the front of the trunk space) playing the subs directly into the back of the seats, and it sounds very nice, without giving up a lot of room .
    s e t h
    "If you're going to live on the cutting edge, you'd better be prepared to bleed a little."
    Stink-Eye Mob #73, Hawkeye Alliance #667

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.