Clutch Squeek?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Clutch Squeek? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello, I just got a 2004 WRX and have noticed a weird problem with it. Everytime I push in the ...

Clutch Squeek?

Hello,
    I just got a 2004 WRX and have noticed a weird problem with it. Everytime I push in the clutch, a mechanical squeek is emitted. The car has 2500 miles; I really shouldnt be having any problems like this yet right? I have'nt been beating on the clutch at all- I'm well into middle age lol. I've done a bunch of stop and go traffic, but still....

Anybody have any idea what is squeaking/how to make it stop? Clutch performance is unchanged; fluid level is fine, but i cant find any moving parts readaliy accessable to spritz some WD 40 onto. Any help greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i have an 04 with around 2200mi and i get the same thing,
    ANy one know what to do???
    04 JBP STi

got same problem, only once in a while

I Support ClubWRX

Re: Clutch Squeek?

Originally posted by phi11235
    Hello,
    I just got a 2004 WRX and have noticed a weird problem with it. Everytime I push in the clutch, a mechanical squeek is emitted. The car has 2500 miles; I really shouldnt be having any problems like this yet right? I have'nt been beating on the clutch at all- I'm well into middle age lol. I've done a bunch of stop and go traffic, but still....

Anybody have any idea what is squeaking/how to make it stop? Clutch performance is unchanged; fluid level is fine, but i cant find any moving parts readaliy accessable to spritz some WD 40 onto. Any help greatly appreciated.
    By the way, WD40 is not an actual lube and will not help the squeek. I'm assuming the noise stems from the actual pedal assembly? You'd likely have to lube the pedal mount(lower dash removal for access.)

pretty much a common clutch problem even with my 02 and my friend's 98. grease the pedel mount or better yet take it into the dealer and have them do it.
    if you like the clutch pedel squeak you'll love such tunes as the defroster dash rattle, the rear suspention squeak, the windy window seal, and the squeaky window. these noises are available now for the low low price of a Sube!
    DanO
    ps: I love my Sube!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.