Help Wiring Boost guage
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Help Wiring Boost guage within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I Just got my greddy boost guage. I have everything installed but i cant find anywhere what wires to tap ...

Unhappy Help Wiring Boost guage

I Just got my greddy boost guage. I have everything installed but i cant find anywhere what wires to tap for the power. Im trying to tap it to the fog light switch but i cant find anywhere to figure out wich colors are what so that i can run the power to it. help please

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Pop out the clock assembly carefully and locate a connector labeled acc (accessory). You can use that for the positive and find a good ground for the negative (I used a bolt near the pedals, but be sure to keep it from getting caught up in the pedal mechanisms).

You can also use any of the 12V lighting fuses if you dont feel like snaking the wires back to the gauge that far. Plus, that can give you control of the backlight so its not on all the time if you want.
    Last edited by JRod; 12-23-2003 at 07:31 PM.
    2002 WRX Sedan-Silver
    Turbo XS UTEC Stage IV (VF34)+TMIC, STI RA gears, Exedy clutch/flywheel

My gauge is in an autometer bezel and it was convenient to tap the connector in back of the stereo, as subaru suggests. I used 2 spade connectors I got at advance. Perfect connection, and the gauge (VDO vision) dims with the rest of the dash gauges I also ran a couple of taps for an EGT at the same time, so I wouldn't have to pull the stereo again.

Hope it helps,

Bob

thanks for the feedback, I just got finished. I just ended up splicing some extra wire onto the end of the greddy harness wires and ran it under the dash and up into the back of the clock. works great and the backlighting turns on and off with the lights too, but no dimmer oh well.

a little off topic but...my boost seems to spike to about 1.2 kgf.cm2 (~17psi) and then settle to about 1.0kgf/cm2(14.22psi) in second and thrird gear, and it a few times it hit around 1.0kgf/cm2 and settled at around 0.7kgf/cm2(9.95psi) in first gear. but all the readings that i got seemed to be kindof inconsistent each run, and would sometimes wave back and forth for a little bit. Does this sound normal of a WRX to those of you with boost guages? the car is an '04 sedan with a full turboback, TXS RFL BOV, and a the silencer removed. and does anyone know if the 3/16ths mod would help the boost run a little more consistent numbers? what about a boost controller or an ecu?
    My friends chipped 1.8T GTI spikes for a second to 20psi and then settles at around 15 or so, but the needle doesnt really seem to move at all once it hits that point. that was more what i was expecting to see.

svc
    You're seeing 17psi boost without a boost controller? Something seems wacky

So your only running the first cat?

Compare your boost too:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...ighlight=boost

sounds about what he has seen.

Bob

Originally posted by srvc
    You're seeing 17psi boost without a boost controller? Something seems wacky
    spiking to 17psi and then settling at around 14.5

my curiosity is that im getting full boost in 2nd as well as 3rd and up, i thought 1st and 2nd were limited to lower levels.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.