Help with Syms Carbon/Kevlar racing seat

This is a discussion on Help with Syms Carbon/Kevlar racing seat within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Got the 04 USDM STI, just bought the Syms Carbon/Kevlar seat, anyone know of what seat rails will work with ...

Help with Syms Carbon/Kevlar racing seat

Got the 04 USDM STI, just bought the Syms Carbon/Kevlar seat, anyone know of what seat rails will work with it? Gruppe S advised that maybe the Sparco rails will work, may need some modification, anyone else have any good ideas? I tried a search but came up with nothing. Anyone have this, if so, what rails were used? Heres a pic of the bracket:

Side view Rear
    Last edited by Slo STI; 12-22-2003 at 01:51 PM.
    01' GSXR1K Sold
    02' S2K Turbo Sold 5-24
    04 SLO STI Sold 01/04
    03' Cobra
    Pictures

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Dang, no one?
    01' GSXR1K Sold
    02' S2K Turbo Sold 5-24
    04 SLO STI Sold 01/04
    03' Cobra
    Pictures

That's an awesome seat and you got it for a good deal. LOL I dunno about hte rails though...

Well, I ordered the Sparco base + brackets and all that stuff, I'll post pics once it's installed, probably late next week or so....
    01' GSXR1K Sold
    02' S2K Turbo Sold 5-24
    04 SLO STI Sold 01/04
    03' Cobra
    Pictures

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by Slo STI
    Well, I ordered the Sparco base + brackets and all that stuff, I'll post pics once it's installed, probably late next week or so....
    Yes, any bracket from OMP, Sparco and etc will work(of course, the model that fits the car). I would suggest getting new sidemounts however since the ones that come with your seat offer only one minor height adjustment(which unless you are rather long bodied, you'll have problems seeing over the dash). Furthermore, many other sidemounts from OMP and Sparco offer a wide array of height and minor tilt angle adjustments to cater the driver.

Thanks for the help, I just spoke with my friend about the everything and they are looking into it, I will let you all know how it turns out. Figure it will look funny with one normal seat and one race seat....oh well.

12-30-03 Seat just arrived, end of week should be installed, I will post pics then...
    Last edited by Slo STI; 12-30-2003 at 11:22 AM.
    01' GSXR1K Sold
    02' S2K Turbo Sold 5-24
    04 SLO STI Sold 01/04
    03' Cobra
    Pictures