2 or 3 way speakers?

This is a discussion on 2 or 3 way speakers? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have already purchased a Panasonic Head Unit (CQ-DFX983U) and am looking for speakers, i already made up my mind ...

2 or 3 way speakers?

I have already purchased a Panasonic Head Unit (CQ-DFX983U) and am looking for speakers, i already made up my mind to get 6 1/2 Infinity Kappa6000cs Components in the front, and for the rear speakers, 6 1/2 Infinity Kappas either the62.5i or 63.5i , im unsure if i should get the 2 way or three way. What is the difference?
    Last edited by x Neo x; 12-21-2003 at 10:21 PM.
    '04 WRB STi
    Mods: Removed Air Box

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Three way generally sound much better. Three way speakers contain a woofer, mid-range, and tweeter. Go to any store that sells audio equipment, listen to both, and do a comparison. Personally, I've never heard a set of two-way speakers sound better than three-way. Three-way give you a bigger range of sound.

okay, thanks. I was thinking that if i got a threeway that it would sound more high pitched, ive heard sound systems where it just sounds too high pitched it serioulsy hurts my ears to listen to it, but i just didnt really know the difference between 2 and 3 way.

Thanks.
    '04 WRB STi
    Mods: Removed Air Box