How can I remove the Dashboard?

This is a discussion on How can I remove the Dashboard? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I recently got a new head unit for my WRX sedan. I was looking around the dash to find a ...

How can I remove the Dashboard?

I recently got a new head unit for my WRX sedan. I was looking around the dash to find a way to take it apart but I didn't find any screws. Can anyone tell me where the fasteners that hold the dash in place are? Also, are there any special tools that I'll need to momentarily steal from my husband, to take it apart? Any help in this matter will be greatly appreciated since I really don't want to have to keep the stock stereo in there much longer.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I removed the dash a while ago to install my boost gauge. IIRC, you have to take out the faux aluminum center console by wedging it out with a blade. There are some crews under that. There are more behind the steering column, and underneath. I didn't need any special tools besides a screwdriver and a pocketknife.

i think you need to remove the cupholder via the screws behind it.

dR

Thanks, for your help. This will speed up this process a great deal.

bye!