Interior Shifter Trim
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Interior Shifter Trim within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Is there any difference in the center console between a wrx sedan and wagon? I bought the shifter trim from ...

Interior Shifter Trim

Is there any difference in the center console between a wrx sedan and wagon? I bought the shifter trim from autospeed and the fitment is crazy off from what it should be. The trim hits the boot and it doesnt rest flat. Ive seen it installed cleanly in many pictures, i dont know if theyre wagons or not. Ive emailed autospeed, waiting for a response. Anyone have any info?
    Did you know that it is anatomically impossible to lick your elbow? And that 75% of the people who read that, try it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The center console of the wagon and sedan are exactly the same. I've got the STI shifter trim in my wagon, which took me a while to install, but ultimately fit perfectly.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mattcarsti.jpg  
    Matt
    WRX-less, now RSX-y!!!

make sure you get the original STi one, i had bad experiences with replicas.
    La Fee Verte
    Subaru 2002 Impreza WRX Sedan

North New Jersey, School at Susquehanna University in Pennsylvania (Rt 287, Rt 78, Rt 22, Rt 80)

Re: Interior Shifter Trim

Originally posted by doniguan
    Is there any difference in the center console between a wrx sedan and wagon? I bought the shifter trim from autospeed and the fitment is crazy off from what it should be. The trim hits the boot and it doesnt rest flat. Ive seen it installed cleanly in many pictures, i dont know if theyre wagons or not. Ive emailed autospeed, waiting for a response. Anyone have any info?
    I have an autospeed one too.

It seems a little smaller then it should be, but still works! Looks GREAT!
    -My name is Tom not Jack

Check profile for mods

"I wanted to put a bullet between the eyes of every panda that wouldn't screw to save its species" Fight Club

Not sure about the autospeed piece. If it's like the STI, it's harder to fit than it looks like from pictures. Go slow, check often, and use a ruler on the little half-moons you have to cut out for the bolt holes.

I have the Autospeed shifter trim and I also thought it would not fit correctly. But I eyeballed it and lined it up to make sure the mounting holes would all hit plastic. Then I taped it down, drilled the pilot holes, and screwed it in s-l-o-w-l-y so as not to strip the plastic when screwing in the screws.

I forgot to attach a picture of the Autospeed trim installed:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails copyof 003.jpg  

BTW, I also got the matching Autospeed dead pedal. I think the dead pedal, shifter trim, and my matching Momo shifter dress up the interior nicely. Agree?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails copy of 004.jpg  

I opted for the real STi plate, it fit pretty well. I had to dremel some plastic but it looks awesome.

Originally posted by PlatinumPRM
    BTW, I also got the matching Autospeed dead pedal. I think the dead pedal, shifter trim, and my matching Momo shifter dress up the interior nicely. Agree?
    nicely done...

i have the same set up(dead pedal,shifter trim) but i ordered the B&M Shorty shifter and will just use that knob....

i haven't installed the dead pedal or the trim peice just yet..
    will be soon enough though...
    03 Sonic Yellow WRX
    teamxxxracing

A+ Detail

How's the B&M shorty? I know of them as a domestic type company, and most people around here have either Kartboy or STI short shifters.
    Matt
    WRX-less, now RSX-y!!!

Well i put in the autospeed plate with a black wheelskins boot. Im trying to figure out a good knob to put in. The momo one loosk nice, i really want one that is lower than stock. I think the last momo i bought (anatomic) is actually higher than stock. The interior is sharp now. The only thing I really dont like about the autospeed plate is there is a small gap on both sides. But its hardly noticable. The aluminum is also considerably better looking than hte stock plastic crap so it stands out differently. I am happy with my intereor now tho
    Did you know that it is anatomically impossible to lick your elbow? And that 75% of the people who read that, try it.

Originally posted by Bask Oner
    How's the B&M shorty? I know of them as a domestic type company, and most people around here have either Kartboy or STI short shifters.
    i just ordered it this week...
    so once i get it and install it i'll let you know..

i loved it in my contour SVT i had....
    03 Sonic Yellow WRX
    teamxxxracing

A+ Detail

K, let me know!
    Matt
    WRX-less, now RSX-y!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.