Omori EGT gauge in stock WRX gauge pod
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Omori EGT gauge in stock WRX gauge pod within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Has anyone put an Omori EGT gauge in the stock WRX gauge pod? I plan to keep my Lamco boost ...

Omori EGT gauge in stock WRX gauge pod

Has anyone put an Omori EGT gauge in the stock WRX gauge pod? I plan to keep my Lamco boost gauge and replace either the oil temp gauge or the voltage gauge with an Omori 45 mm EGT gauge. If you have done this, how does the single Omori gauge fit in with the other gauges? Any problems with this? How does the Omori EGT gauge look next to the Lamco gauges?
    2002 WRX WRB

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Lightbulb

do you mean the column mounted guage?

Factory Boost Gauge

Column Mounted Boost Gauge

the omori matches your guage cluster exactly with the green lighting and red needle. it's even closer to the tach and speedo than the lamco.

dR

dr,
    Actually, I was referring to the Lamco gauges that replace the clock in the center of the dash. I would like to replace one of the Lamco gauges (either the volt or oil temp) with an Omori EGT gauge and was wondering if anyone did this and how it looked. Does the Omori gauge look very out of place next to the Lamco gauges?

Anyone?
    2002 WRX WRB

I don't think you will find a closer match then the omori gauages. and if I were you I would take out the volt and put in the egt, the oil temp can still be useful.

My Mods

"The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel" - Koyokid RIP

Originally posted by KanosWRX
    I don't think you will find a closer match then the omori gauages. and if I were you I would take out the volt and put in the egt, the oil temp can still be useful.
    While oil temp is probably more useful than voltage, my oil temp gauge has failed on me twice. Since I will be off the warranty soon, I figure that I'd get rid of that one. Also, the only thing that the oil temp gauge tells me is that it takes the oil approx 5 minutes longer to warm up than the coolant.

If I heard that the Omori gauge would look very out of place with the Lamco's, I'd just wait a while and replace all three. Also, I was wondering if there were any problems that came up in this installation that were unforseen?
    2002 WRX WRB

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.