Need some Blitz electronics help.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Need some Blitz electronics help. within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey, I just ordered the Blitz Turbo Timer...I got the base one (without the peak boost hold, etc etc) because ...

Need some Blitz electronics help.

Hey, I just ordered the Blitz Turbo Timer...I got the base one (without the peak boost hold, etc etc) because I was planning on buying the SBC-iD with the Power Meter. Was this the right choice? From what I understand the Power Meter will have all the features that the top of the line Blitz Turbo Timer has so why should I buy both? (Or am I mistaken?)
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

the PM-iD does not act as a turbo timer.
    I have the PM-iD and I really think it was a waste of money - a bit of bling, but that's about it.

seriously? waste of money?

amazing device that essentially reproduces a dynomometer, logging and displaying horsepower and speed in real time. Functions include bar graph power display, digital power display, peak/hold horsepower, and power vs. mph. Plus, there are timers for 1/8 mile, 1/4 mile, and 0-60 times, and the device can store the last six runs.
    La Fee Verte
    Subaru 2002 Impreza WRX Sedan

If it did this against rpm rather than mph and allowed for this data to be downloaded or displayed somewhere other than the 1 x1" screen and could graph other inputs such as AFR - it may be useful as a credible tuning tool. The HP figures are dependent on the slope of the ground and the weight estimate made by the user. I would rate its accuracy and reproduction of results as maybe +/-5-10% and if you are looking at sqeezing 10 or 15 HP out of a car - that is within the error bounds, so are the changes you are making really having a positive effect???

Like I said - I have this item and have used it for over 12 months.

so it is inaccurate? cause i was thinking about getting one.
    La Fee Verte
    Subaru 2002 Impreza WRX Sedan

I know it won't act as a turbo timer but I'm saying...the reason everyone gets the better Blitz TT (don't know the model name) is because it has a built in boost gauge and displays the peak boost (I'm sure there are other functions too) but since I have a boost gauge and the Power Meter has the peak boost hold function...is there anything I would be missing since I'm buying the regular Blitz TT?

Hopefully not...because its only like a $20 difference...I just don't want to buy a TT for specific functions that I'm going to get with the Power Meter anyway...plus the regular Blitz TT has a cabin temp function
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.