Trunk Organization!

This is a discussion on Trunk Organization! within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi, everyone ... knowing all of you are lover of your car im sure non of us leave our homes ...

Trunk Organization!

Hi, everyone ... knowing all of you are lover of your car im sure non of us leave our homes without, paper towels, some armor all crap, emergency situation stuff, and so on ... well i have all of this stuff and well the subaru trunk is horrible, it has no compartments no hooks no nothing! ... i have a postal service box which is being held up by duct tape holding all my stuff in the trunk ....

Is there any solution to this dilema! i was thinking about the net but it still wont prevent things from sliding and etc!

SQC - 189

Quote Originally Posted by scooby-x
    hmmm I see a correlation between all those items... but wow man a hamster? I prefer gerbils my self cus you can keep a hold of their tail so they dont "get lost", ya know... hehe it tickles

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I also have the same dilema and questions. I live up in the mountains, and have to take roads with many turns. If I put stuff in the trunk, it will be all over the place when I get to the bottom of the hill. My trunk would make a good commercial for a Chocolate Milk commercial. Any good ideas in securing stuff in the trunk?

I personally put everything in gym bags or back packs (usually just two bags). That way if I need the trunk for something else (eg. groceries, or whatever), I can just take the bags out and trunk is available.

I always keep a backpack in there, with a few tools, cleaning towels, dry cloth, maps, flashlight, flare... just in case.

However they do sell these net type things that you can use in the trunk to keep things from rolling around and what not. Pepboys, walmart I believe carry them.

Lolz @ Kurlee ... my dad acura has soo many neat little storage spots .... we need invent something and then patent it and sell it to subaru for millions!

SQC - 189

Quote Originally Posted by scooby-x
    hmmm I see a correlation between all those items... but wow man a hamster? I prefer gerbils my self cus you can keep a hold of their tail so they dont "get lost", ya know... hehe it tickles

I Support ClubWRX
    I bought a net from K-mart. If you look in your trunk, up near the trunk hinges, you'll see two perfect little hinge pins sticking out towards the outside of each fender. If you get the net with the elastic mouth opening, it can be stretched fairly tight to loop across both pins. It's a pain to almost have to crawl up into the trunk to reach them, but they really are suitable for this use. I use it and have had no trouble with sliding stuff...and believe me, my trunk gets packed!! It's also good because visually, I can easily locate stuff.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

No trunk here, since I got a wagon. So we have little hook/straps ready for bungies which I use along with an old plastic "mail" sorting bin full of the standard wintery fare.

-tp
    The 202 Wagon
    Bugeye Mafia "Silent But Deadly Ass-sasin"
    "Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in!"

skvfx
    <-- empty trunk...except the spare tire and tools which are both secured under the trunk wooden board thinger (no idea what its called...the floor?). I secured the tools by wrapping it with a towel and putting it on the spare tire....works for me...

Whenever i have groceries and stuff...i put it in the back seat....i hate putting stuff in the trunk cause it makes sounds ;\

I put a WRX wagon cargo net in my WRX sedan and it fits ok. When its empty I unclip the top part and it lays flat on the floor.