Wacky radar doesnt like boost
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Wacky radar doesnt like boost within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I posted on this a while back and didnt get much information, but i recently put my downpipe on and ...

Wacky radar doesnt like boost

I posted on this a while back and didnt get much information, but i recently put my downpipe on and its gotten alot more frequent. It almost seems like when i get into boost my radar starts going berserk and telling me that its detected a laser. this happens anywhere regardless other cars or lights outside. I dont have any (non stock) lights inside that car, im mostly just wondering if anyone else has had this happen or if anyone know why it does.
    Im guessing maybe its vibrations from the engine and reflected light from the dash? any thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Send an email to the manufacturer and see if there are any updates to the laser detection. Describe your problem, maybee they are aware of it.

Happened to me when I was running 21 lbs of boost. The boost causes an electrical surge and made my radar flash "LASER" scared the **** out of me.

Mili, and 04WRX
    What radar det. are you guys using?
    I have had the Passport 8500 without any major problems so far!

V1 here, no issues either.
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

I had the same problem with a uniden pos unit, and no problem when I replaced it with a bel.

its an electrical problem... what you need to do to fix is go to radio shack and get like a 1k resitor and put that inline with the power side of your cigarrette lighter plug.... that will stop your radar detector from wiggin out...

K40 here built in, no issues....
    01' GSXR1K Sold
    02' S2K Turbo Sold 5-24
    04 SLO STI Sold 01/04
    03' Cobra
    Pictures

My Bel does it occasionally, but only when I'm hard on the throttle though. Scares the poop outta me.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.