is it possible to change dashlights from green to orange (wrx to sti)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on is it possible to change dashlights from green to orange (wrx to sti) within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; anyone have instructions on how to do this? my version 8 usdm sti cluster doesnt match the green thats in ...

is it possible to change dashlights from green to orange (wrx to sti)

anyone have instructions on how to do this? my version 8 usdm sti cluster doesnt match the green thats in there anymore. I want to make everything match, or as much as possible. thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Find the light(s) in the dash and change them out for whatever color you want.
    MCL

Also, you can buy an STi and take the dash out of that one and put it in yours.

"I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Check out this thread:
    Zapix's WRX : Stereo and HVAC Blue LED bulbs!

The picture is of blue lights, but you can use any color (asuming you can find the LED bulbs). I thought about this, but it does not look like an easy install.

skvfx
    better idea: New head unit ^_^

it's actually an insanely easy install

Buy some bulb condoms, 2 for the HVAC and 5 or 6 (forget) for the stereo, take them apart, pull out the green bulb condoms and cut the new blue ones to fit.
    '03 white rex

how did you change the display in the radio, i switched all my lights to red in my sti except the radio display, i would really like to change that too if it is possible
    04 STi blue, 13.001 105mph 1.73 60ft all stock
    11.8 best et, 118.0 best mph

yes I'm wondering that too, how do you change the green lcd?
    '03 white rex

Thats a pretty good idea. I bet a ton of people will start doing this.

I've done it, its not hard, you just have to bend the little tabs holding the metal surround of the LCD back so you can take it off. There are 2 lights in there.

2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

thanks ryland, time to yank the radio yet again.
    04 STi blue, 13.001 105mph 1.73 60ft all stock
    11.8 best et, 118.0 best mph

Originally posted by SinistR
    thanks ryland, time to yank the radio yet again.

No problem man, good luck! The results are wonderful IMO.

I bet I've taken my radio out more times than you have! (nothing to be proud of )
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

I've done the bulb condoms and led conversions. The blue leds look nice in the stock stereo, but is a pain to do. I felt that the blue bulb condoms didn't look good at all in the gauges. It made them really dark and turned the redline purple. I didn't like the look and went for reverse indiglos. That looked good for a while and then they started to fade so I took them out. Converting the gauges and hvacs with blue leds doesn't look good at all. The leds are like spotlights and do not light up everything. Now I am back to stock lighting with an aftermarket Alpine CD/MP3 Player that works awesome. I can put more than 6 cds onto one cd and not have to keep swapping through disks like the stock 6 disk cd player. Just my .02 cents.

I have frosted, direct fit, red LEDs for the HVAC, blue LEDs for the stereo, and reverse indiglows for the gauges. Looks hot.
    Catalytic converters are for hippies.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.