Autometer Triple Dash Pod & Relocated Clock
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Autometer Triple Dash Pod & Relocated Clock within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I wasn't able to find much information on this pod before I bought it, let alone pics of it installed, ...

svc

Autometer Triple Dash Pod & Relocated Clock

I wasn't able to find much information on this pod before I bought it, let alone pics of it installed, and I know a few of you were wondering about it...so here ya go!
    When I opened the box, my first thought was "I paid $52 for this??" It's just a simple piece of plastic, nothing exciting about it. It needed a light filing to get 52mm Greddy gauges to fit snug, but once installed I fell in love with it. The gauges are angled perfectly towards the driver, and even though it's just black plastic with hardly any texture, it blends in with all the other plastic very well. 4 screws/clips hold it down, and I only needed to make one hole for the back left corner screw, took about 10 minutes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails console.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

svc
    drivers view
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails driver view.jpg  

svc
    passanger view...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pass side view.jpg  

svc
    I missed having the clock, so I cut the harness off, soldiered wires to the pins in the back, and ran wires up the A-pillar to under the headliner...I still need to make some kind of trim piece to cover the cut headliner, and also install the 3rd gauge...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails clock in.jpg  

Cool, i like the clock relocation idea. Is it practical to look at, though?
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

svc
    Originally posted by Trailboss
    Cool, i like the clock relocation idea. Is it practical to look at, though?
    It's not practical at all, you hardly even notice it since it's so far away from your line of sight. But anytime I wonder what time it is, I know where to look

Neat idea with the clock. Any reason why you didn't put some paint on the gauge pod?
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

svc
    I wanted to either keep it black, or match the silver stereo trim...i'm still searching for paint to match the brushed aluminum look, but if I find some it will probably be silver in the next picture

Read this:

Interior Paint

Erg...you're making me rethink ordering a silver Blitz turbo timer...gauges are beautiful...but I would have gone with the OEM pod...I'm a very plain person.
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

How do you like the Greddy gauges? Is it possible to change the backlight color? When I get a WRX, one of the first mods after I switch my stereo will probably be to get some gauges. I've looked but I have not seen any gauges that measure voltage. That's important to me since my stereo will be over 1500 watts RMS. I'd probably get a boost gauge as well, and maybe EGT or oil temp/pressure. I like that pod you got. The angle looks good from a driver's standpoint.
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

svc
    Originally posted by SERacing
    Erg...you're making me rethink ordering a silver Blitz turbo timer...gauges are beautiful...but I would have gone with the OEM pod...I'm a very plain person.
    I almost got the silver one too, but wasn't convinced that the silver would match the trim exactly. I'm a little paranoid about matching that silver paint, but the Duplicolor may be the way to go. And this pod is about as plain as you can get (besides OEM) It really does seem like an OEM pod now that i've stared at it long enough, maybe because the individual pods kind of line up with the temp. control dials

Th3Franz- I love the gauges, not sure about changing the color though. I imagine you could use bulb covers if you want to pull the gauge apart, but it matches the dash lights really well so i'm not going to mess with it. I'll finish installing the third gauge and sensors this weekend, so i'll try and get some better night shots of the set up.
    Let me know if you find anything on voltmeters, i'd be interested in that too. I think I remember seeing some kind of voltmeter on Egauges.com Too lazy to look right now

Wow, that pod looks much better than I expected --- where'd you get it from?

Was it one of those "eternally on order" deals that finally came through, or does someone actually have them in stock?

svc
    Got the pod at www.egauges.com It shipped in about 5 days, piece of cake

I would really like to see what those gauges look like at night.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.