Alternative to "Full" Premium Upgrade
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Alternative to "Full" Premium Upgrade within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; [After I get my WRX wagon,] I was considering just buying the sub-woofer without the upgraded speakers. Then, I would ...

Alternative to "Full" Premium Upgrade

[After I get my WRX wagon,] I was considering just buying the sub-woofer without the upgraded speakers. Then, I would buy Infinity 6.5" 2-ways in the front, and either 4.5" or 5.25" 2-ways in the rear. My main concern is whether the stock HU has enough power to do justice to those speakers. I would like to avoid adding an amp or replacing the HU. Do you think they will sound okay without additional amplification, or am I better off just buying the upgrade speakers?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I like your plan a lot.

I really like the miniature underseat sub that comes with the upgraded stereo package, but the speakers suck. I have MB Quart 6.5" components, and 4" rears sitting in my room. They've been there for months and one of these days, I'll get around to installing them.

I've heard that simply upgrading the speakers yields a MASSIVE improvement in sound quality even using the stock Panasonic head unit (which is AWESOME, BTW)!

-Jim

I really like the miniature underseat sub that comes with the upgraded stereo package, but the speakers suck. I have MB Quart 6.5" components, and 4" rears sitting in my room. They've been there for months and one of these days, I'll get around to installing them.

Is it possible to upgrade the driver in the factory sub?
    Drag racing? I like my racing to last longer than the average orgasm...

Originally posted by JTREX
    Is it possible to upgrade the driver in the factory sub?
    Off the bat, I'd say no. It's only about 5" in diameter and the whole unit is only about the size a good two channel amp.

-Jim

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.