Autometer Gauges Opinions

View Poll Results: Which Autometer gauges should I get?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cobalt

5 26.32%
  • C2

0 0%
  • Carbon Fiber

6 31.58%
  • Ultra Lite

1 5.26%
  • Z-Series

2 10.53%
  • None of the above! Autometer bites it big time!

5 26.32%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Autometer Gauges Opinions within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I know Autometer gauges are cheap, but I can get them even cheaper. Since this is so, I was looking ...

Question Autometer Gauges Opinions

I know Autometer gauges are cheap, but I can get them even cheaper. Since this is so, I was looking into a some of them, EGT, Oil, etc. I don't need a boost gauge because I already have one. I am looking into installing these in the clock spot on the dash. The reason for this location is so my future co-driver will be able to read them too. I would pick up a gauge pod from www.wrxtra.com, so the gauges would be 2-1/16".

I have listed a few choices in the poll. Let me know what you think, I'm just trying to get the best setup for the money (or lack thereof). I will post pics of some gauges below.

Cobalt:

C2:

Carbon Fiber:

Ultra Lite:

Z-Series:

This is the gauge pod I would use:

With this pod, you can get either an aluminum or black faceplate.
    Last edited by AjIsDope; 12-04-2003 at 12:32 AM.
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have the cobalt and it looks slick, but it's NOT the best value for the money. I just like the way it looks. The good cheap ones IMO are the Autometer sport comps (plus they are a close match for the stock gauges).
    Last edited by 04blkWRX; 12-04-2003 at 08:08 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    I have the Carbon Fiber series gauges. They do not match the stock gauges perfectly, but do look good and somewhat look like they were supposed to be there.

And just wait for the other members to post how they don't like Autometer gauges. It is coming.

i chose the phantoms

they worked out very nicely. absolutely NO problems despite what everyone else will say. I could see spending over $600 for gauges, and these look nice.

Anyone else? I think the Z-Series looks mostly like the stock gauges. Kind of like a copy of Omori's.

Originally posted by 04blkWRX
    I have the cobalt and it looks slick, but it's NOT the best value for the money. I just like the way it looks.
    Do you have any pics, day or night? I used Sport Comps in my Torino.

where can you get the aluminum looking one(gauge holder)?
    Last edited by FFWRX; 12-04-2003 at 09:39 PM.

Originally posted by FFWRX
    where can you get the aluminum looking one(gauge holder)?
    www.wrxtra.com

boy do i feel dumb right now.

bump

Get some Greddy's instead... You won't regret it.

I have had three sets of gauges (autometer, Blitz BLM, Defi V2).

Let me start by saying that AUTOMETERS WORK FINE. Expensive does not always mean better. If you are looking for something cheap and functional, they are fine for you. I will say however, that the DEFI gauges are the BEST QUALITY possible if you want to spend the extra $$$ (which i dont mind doing). Aj- i believe the autometers will work fine for you and i recomend getting the carbon fiber ones. They look pretty cool.
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

Originally posted by platano
    At 14???
    shoot , I'd hit it at current age, on roof of the car, with cousin driving , neighbor and town priest in the back seat, and that kid from "N.Korea" riding shotgun.

I had autometer Phantom gauges (EGT and boost) - and they never really bothered me - but then the EGT started dying the death.

I replaced them with Defi-link 60mm gauges. the difference is night and day. Save your pennies and get the Defi. The install is much much easier and the look and quality is leaps and bounds ahead of the autometer.

Originally posted by BoostedBoxer
    I have had three sets of gauges (autometer, Blitz BLM, Defi V2).

Let me start by saying that AUTOMETERS WORK FINE. Expensive does not always mean better. If you are looking for something cheap and functional, they are fine for you. I will say however, that the DEFI gauges are the BEST QUALITY possible if you want to spend the extra $$$ (which i dont mind doing). Aj- i believe the autometers will work fine for you and i recomend getting the carbon fiber ones. They look pretty cool.
    They must work pretty good - all the NASCAR pros use them.

Well Autometers do work fine, but there's a big difference between working fine and working well. I had a set of Sport-Comps before I got Greddys and while they did what they were supposed to, I still regret not buying the Greddys (or Defi, Blitz whatever) in the first place. Ease of installation aside, I'm just happier with the quality, the backlighting, the needle movement etc. If you can afford to spend a lil more *OK, about twice as much* do it, and then you won't do it in the future like me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast