Crazy idea hehe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Crazy idea hehe within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I was just thinking, and i love the way all the Porsches and M3's etc look with black interior, and ...

Crazy idea hehe

I was just thinking, and i love the way all the Porsches and M3's etc look with black interior, and how the ceiling and the pillars are the same color as the dash and so forth.

Heres my crazy thought, and im also wondering if any of you have done it or seen it and have pics.

Im thinking of taking all my side pillars and having them color matched to the dash. Then take my roof lining and have it dyed to the same color as the dash, then do the same thing with the carpeting in the car(not the floor mats) then putting a set of STI black floormats in the car.

Then i will also have the Brushed aluminum sti door sills added, have my interior door handles chromed (not sure if i can do brushed aluminum which i would prefer). Add the STI shifter trim, then a MOMO brushed aluminum ebrake handle.

Then either a JDM or USDM gauge cluster, i love the way the usdm one looks, and im wondering if the newest one in japan shares the same look. The only problem with JDM is the kmh, and the usdm with the lower rpm (its all mental i know).

Then a USDM STI steering wheel will add a nice touch.

Also heres another thought, and could it be done relatively cheapely, im also not sure if it would look awkward.

Take the center console (the part with the shift trim and the mirror adjustment) and have it done up in a gloss black plastic cover of some sort(not really sure).

Any thoughts or ideas feel free.

-John
    "Celebrate we will, for life is short but sweet for certain"-DMB

Liquid - "yes sticky! hes a god now!"

02 WRX now JDM V8 STI (too many mods for my own good)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I also have a custom black leather interior (not katzskin etc) on the seats and the mid section of the doors etc to give you an idea of what the end product would look like.

Im very serious on all of this except for doing the one part in the gloss black plastic, that was just a random idea i had (i realize i have too many of those) .

-John

Also, what about removing all the fake aluminum pieces for the ac and the center console and replacing them with actual brushed aluminum . Im just brainstorming here.

Hasnt anybody thought of, if not done this .

I think it would be relatively cheap and look reall good/clean.

Talk is cheap... GET TO WORK AND DO IT! Meaning... I like the idea!

-tp
    The 202 Wagon
    Bugeye Mafia "Silent But Deadly Ass-sasin"
    "Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in!"

Originally posted by Teep
    Talk is cheap... GET TO WORK AND DO IT! Meaning... I like the idea!

-tp
    thanks, im def doing this, the only thing in question is the part with the gloss black, it might look really good with the shift trim, then again it could look like arse.

I think i remember someone found the proper color spray etc that matched the dash.

I dont think it would be good to use the same spray for the ceiling, it would prolly look best if i were to take it off and dye it instead, i just need to find the right color match. Its almost like a charcoal black.

Any ideas on what places would be able to die these things for me.

When i do this ill be posting pics too , you dont think id leave you guessing do ya .

Plus i need to stop spending big money, so these are fun cheap mods for me to do, its part of the new Moders Anonimous program. Becouse i need serious help .

-John

Also is it possible to do the door handles in brushed aluminum, or would this be too difficult .

Originally posted by DEADPOOL
    Also is it possible to do the door handles in brushed aluminum, or would this be too difficult .
    Not sure about brushed aluminum, but there are other cars that use the same door handles but in chrome. You might be able to track them down.
    Deliberating enclaves of like-minded people are often a breeding ground for extreme movements - Cass Sunstein

Bwahahahaha, i have yet another cool thought.

You know the part on the door where the window button is etc (below the handle), its like a small section of plastic etc. Im thinking of having that done in brushed aluminum (yes i know im infatuated with it).

I think that would look really clean, and even better if i could do the whole center console and ac ducts in brushed aluminum so it all matches perfectly.

Im going to search around for places, possibly an audio interior guy my friend knows. He does custom interior work etc so i think this would be easy for him, hopefully.

-John

Hehehe this is by far my worst photochop yet (i was lazy). But this is the basic idea i have for the door, the flat part being done in brushed aluminum and the handle in chrome.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 000_0014.jpg  

Sounds like a great idea.

Now i just need to get the car back so i can get started on these things, which i will do after x-mas. I cant wait, its going to change the look so much but in a suttle way.

Wow, I really like the idea of matching the color of the pillars and the headliner...I might just do it (if the price is right). Any idea how much it would cost to have it done?
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Originally posted by Trailboss
    Wow, I really like the idea of matching the color of the pillars and the headliner...I might just do it (if the price is right). Any idea how much it would cost to have it done?
    It should be really cheap to do. The pillars can be painted and i remember someone had found the color match for it, i just need to find it again.

The headliner ill prolly have a proper place do, which should still be fairly cheap, all they have to do is dye it.

Ill let you know when i find out prices and which color to use for the pillars.

-John

I like your idea, Deadpool
    LET'S GO COLTS!!!
    I have 5 infraction points. What do you have?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.