Clean transponder mounting?

This is a discussion on Clean transponder mounting? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok. Here in florida, we have these little helpfull, yet annoying, transpoders for tolls. Anyone have a clean way of ...

Clean transponder mounting?

Ok. Here in florida, we have these little helpfull, yet annoying, transpoders for tolls. Anyone have a clean way of mounting these things? Ours have to be "on" the windshield, but I think taht if there on the dash they work fine. Any ideas?
    You shut your MOUTH when you're talkin to me!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

We have those in CA too. Here you can actually tuck it behind the review mirror (as long as it still "transponds") so it doesn't look too bad.

I think that if you mounted it flat on the dash it would work though. I've loaned my transponder to people and used it in rental cars where I just layed it flat on the dash and it worked. The one thing you have to be careful of is the cops. In CA, the man hides out by the transponder readers and checks not only for speeders, but people without them (here there is a seperate, non express lane for people who pay cash) running through without paying tolls.

I could be wrong, but in CA I believe not properly displaying your transponder is a ticketable offense.

Hope this helps
    2002 White WRX Sedan
    Mods by Mastercard

Yeah, we have the cash lane also, but Im not sure if not having it visible is ticketable here. i was thinking of doing a cutout in the center mounted guage pod if I can find someone skille enough to do it and have it look good. Cover the gap with plexi and it should look somewhat smooth.

Why not just hold it against the windshield when you go through tolls? Thats what I do here in NY.
    Never stop learning.

Because people claim to have been doing just that and not really even had them in the vehicle at all, so its now considered a no-no. I have had no problem doing it myself on a few occasion, but they have these little cameras up to bust people.