drawing of spacers for front / back speaker mounts?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on drawing of spacers for front / back speaker mounts? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Has anyone done any type of detailed drawing of thier spacers they fab'd for their 6.5" front speaker installation, or ...

drawing of spacers for front / back speaker mounts?

Has anyone done any type of detailed drawing of thier spacers they fab'd for their 6.5" front speaker installation, or a 4" rear speaker installation? My speakers are coming in on Thursday and I'd love tohave the spacers already made if possible.

I'm installing Infinity Kappa 6.5" coax front and 4" coax rear.
    Never stop learning.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

When I made spacers I used the new speakers as templates to draw around, and the old speakers as templates to mark mounting hole locations.

I would prolly wait till you have speakers in hand to make the spacers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails speaker017a.jpg  

more
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails speaker015a.jpg  

I'm a noob with this stuff. What are the spacers for? Are they neccesary for aftermarket speakers? I'm looking to upgrade my speakers and I need details. Thanks
    2004 WRB Cobb Stage II WRX
    220whp 210wtq

or you can buy them here for 25 bucks

http://www.iaperformance.com/catalog...&catalogArea=1
    --Jason-- 2004 MT WRB WRX
    Cobb Stage 2 more goodies:
    STi SS | Blitz SUS | Samco IC Hoses | Perrin Rear Sway Bar and Endlinks | Eibach's | Steel Gray Rota Downshifts | Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's | Blitz DTT-DC2 | Phatty-Ass System

"This is my WRX. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My WRX is my best friend. It is my life. I must master my WRX as I must master my life. Without me, my WRX is useless. Without my WRX, I am useless."

Lude, nice work on the spacers...lookin real good!!
    "Failure is only an option for those who try".

Thanks for the info. Yeah, I want to make them instead of buying them. All the stereo equipment came in today, hopefully I'll get to work on the spacers tomorrow and finish it up tomorrow night.
    Never stop learning.

Ludecrous,

Can you suggest the best way to determine where the mounting holes should go on the spacer for the door since I don't have an OEM speaker to trace?

complexx
    Never stop learning.

well, if you dont have oem spkr to trace, I must assume you have an STI? If so, Im jealous!!!! I want one!!! should have waited!!!!

anyway, enough rant; sorry, had to get it out.

complexx, me not knowing too much about the STI, do you know if you have mount holes predrilled on the door ? also do you know what hardware is there?
    If you have no predrilled holes, then it is easy, you can just determine where you want them to be and drill the spacer and door in same loc.

Well, I haven't pulled the door panel off yet, but I would asume that there are predrilled holes for the speaker package you could have purchased with the car. I thought of a few ideas last night to take care of it.

Thanks

complexx
    Never stop learning.

if there are pre drilled holes then this is what I would do to be super accurate. I would get a piece of velum paper say 10x10" from a graphics store and tape it to the inside door panel where the pre drilled holes are, since the velum is almost transparent this will allow you to mark the holes accuratly on the velum paper with a pencil or pemenant pen, you can also mark other points of reference, say magnet cutout etc. Then transfer this template to your mdf or plastic spacers. = nice and accurate.
    If you need some velum, gimmie a shout I can send you sum from my workplace.

Well, I dug out my car (lots of snow over the night) and quickly hopped into the passenger side where I had taken the panel off 2 days ago (tried not to let too much snow get inside )

I took a piece of paper and taped it in there over the speaker cavity and then used a pensile and traced the square holes. I've put together a template and traced it onto the MDF. Soon I'll be cutting it and if the snow lightens, I'll go back out for a test fit.
    Never stop learning.

if the holes are just square cut outs, out of the steel, I would suggest visiting your local hardware store for some square plastic bosses that are pushed into the hole and a self tapping screw then driven into them to secure your mdf spacer and speaker.

good observation ludecros, I am surprised that STI's dont at least have the plastic to screw in the speakers. Maybe the dealership has them available as well, at least they would be a snap fit!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast