Defi Boost V.S.D.

This is a discussion on Defi Boost V.S.D. within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Has anyone used this gauge/TT combo? It looks pretty cool, but I have never seen any of the heads up ...

Defi Boost V.S.D.

Has anyone used this gauge/TT combo? It looks pretty cool, but I have never seen any of the heads up displays in action.
    02 WRX Platinum Silver sedan
    No mods yet...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I had one before I got my current 60mm DefiLink setup.

It was definetly cool! It was nice having it display on the windshield, so you don't have to look down/over to see what's going on. The response of the number display is a tad slow, but the outer "analog" display is instantanious.

I never used the turbo timer feature, but it works the same way all the others do.

My BIGGEST gripe is that it displays in kg/cm, as opposed to PSI or BAR. Some people don't care, but I always hated having to do conversions in my head.

A very interesing product, none the less. If you need something compact, it's the way to go.

I had the boost VSD for a while too... it was the first boost gauge I put in. At first it was super cool but the novelty wears off quick. Good for impressing the occasional passenger though.
    I got rid of it for a few reasons, mainly because it was consistently reading high compared other gauges I tried (Blitz & Apex). The Defi read 1.2 kg/cm2 peak while the other gauges only read 1.0 or 1.1. The overboost warning light feature was nearly useless too since it only lights up during the overboost.
    It's a pretty cool gadget though.
    Ad astra per aspera