Subaru Options

This is a discussion on Subaru Options within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey guys, I am planning on purchasing a new silver wrx in the next month. I was wondering what Interior ...

Subaru Options

hey guys,
    I am planning on purchasing a new silver wrx in the next month. I was wondering what Interior options you recommend i get for the WRX. Keep in mind anything i dont get as an option from subaru, it will probably be a while before i can mod it since i am taking care of exterior first. Is the premium sound package upgrade any good? I dont have the exact list of the options now, but if any of you have any and like or dislike please let me know.
    thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I would say NO to the premium sound package...but only if you want a nice system...

But so you know...if you are going to change the stereo and putin your own aftermarket one there are a few things you'll need to "Fashion"
    1. I believe the front speakers won't have rain guards unless you get the premium sound
    2. You'll need to make your own braket to mount tweeters in the twetter location on the doors if you get components.
    3. You'll prolly need to drill a few holes to mount the speakers in your door.

That all being said, I have a friend who got the premium sound, and all he wants is some more bass (he didnt get the under seat sub) so he is looking into that Bazooka Nos tube thing for a clean install...

if you listen to a lot of music, and like real premium sound, skip the option.

for me, i wouldn't be upgrading my stereo till last, so i got it. it's got a little bit of kick with the extra subwoofer, but for $200, you could do a LOT better with a 10" sub, small amp, and a box. check out thread for online dealers for audio equip if you are interested. there are some GREAT prices that make crutchfiled look way overpriced.

the other speakers quality is okay. i would go to the dealer or someone nearby to hear their system. if your not a big sound buff go for it.

dR

One option worth looking at is the arm rest extention. I bought my WRX without it and I was back at the dealership within a week buying it. There is just no place for your right elbow to rest. You can even shift ( i got a manual ) with your elbow on the arm rest. Its kinda of a stupid upgrade , but it made the car more comfortable.

I have the sub and the upgraded speakers. I will be upgrading the upgraded audio system soon ( I hope ).

If you dont plan to upgrade it anytime soon, I guess its worth it.

Good Luck,
    Ender

agreed. the interior looks unfinished without the extension. i also really dig the CF dash. it's not real, but it looks way sharper than the fake brushed aliminum look.

dR

I hafta disagree on the armrest extension. I test drove cars with both, and didn't like it. I'm a tall dude though, and my arms are probably longer. I just kept hitting my elbow on the rest, and felt like I was reaching down from it to the shifter.

I would definately recommend the armrest extension..without it, there is MINIMAL interior storage in the car(I know this ALL too well)..I am trying to find this option somewhere for sale other than the dealer..too much money..

i heard some people complain that the armrest extension + oe short throw shifter resulted in serious elbow bumping (i got the short throw kit w/o armrest). i got the cf look trim, but definitely could take it or leave it. looks good, but i think the base trim looked pretty good too.

I would go with the armrest, because there is no place to put your arm. If you use a shifting style where your wrist is stiff then it may cause you a problem. If you are into spirted driving all the time you may not like it, but for the usual driving around time it is worth it.

This might be too late for you unless you havent purchased it yet but these are essential upgrades in my opinion:

1. Security System Upgrade (unless you want an aftermarket brand)
    2. Extended Armrest
    3. Performance Package (Short Throw Shifter, Boost Gauge and Titanium Shift Knob)
    La Fee Verte
    Subaru 2002 Impreza WRX Sedan

- I would go w/ the armrest for sure!
    - Premium sound is worth it unless you listen to a lot of music or really enjoy the quality of what you're listening to.

And a question for you guys...

Is the factory shortshifter as good/better than the kartboy? From what I've read the kartboy shortens the shift throw by ~40%...sounds pretty damn good

Also is the security system a silent car alarm? or those annoying audible ones that are useless anyway..

shifter? go for the kartboy. it's the same thing, and a lot cheaper. get the bushings too, they'll make the shifiting a lot smoother along with the shorter throws.

the security can beep, or be silent and just blink the lights. depends on the setting you chose. (adjusts from the key fob)

dR

But is it cheaper after installation?

Anything is cheaper than the dealer lol
    La Fee Verte
    Subaru 2002 Impreza WRX Sedan