Found some almost direct bolt in speakers
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Found some almost direct bolt in speakers within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just wanted to let you all know about my findings. I did find a set of 6.5" speakers that fit ...

Talking Found some almost direct bolt in speakers

Just wanted to let you all know about my findings. I did find a set of 6.5" speakers that fit in the door of my 02 wrx wagon *almost* perfectly. I didn't even have to make a spacer because they came with their own. The bolt holes *almost* lined up perfectly, but I did have to drill 2 tiny tiny holes in my door and use the screws that were supplied with the speakers.

The speakers are clarion "SRR1626" 6.5" coaxial speakers. I did not take any pics during the process, but it went pretty smoothly. There was 2 approx 1/4" spacers/brackets, 2 speakers, and 2 thin metal mounting brackets I guess is what you would call them. I put the metal pieces on the back side of the speakers mounting flange, and then the plastic spacer on after that. I screwed the speaker into the spacer, then screwed the spacer into the door. Had to slightly drill out the holes in the thin metal spacer just a little bit so that the screw could go through it and into the plastic spacer.

So far they sound great, and there is no interference with the window at all. I may take the door back apart to take some pictures. Let me know if there is anything else that you want to know about it.

Aaron
    '02 White WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

is there a link with the speakers? price?
    Fan of Helix

I paid $79 at a local store, because they let me try fit them and what not before I bought them. I just found them for $59 on sounddomain.com The link is http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/CLASRR1626 They sound really good so far, and for $59 you can't really go wrong.

Aaron
    '02 White WRX

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.