Humming/Buzzing from Right Door Speaker

This is a discussion on Humming/Buzzing from Right Door Speaker within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I replaced the whole system in the WRX with something more powerful. The problem is that I'm getting a vibrating ...

Humming/Buzzing from Right Door Speaker

I replaced the whole system in the WRX with something more powerful. The problem is that I'm getting a vibrating type noise from the right door at certain medium volume levels with bass. I thought is was the Kenwood speakers that I started with but now I'm noticing it with the Infinity ones I replaced them with. It's like there is some plastic or something that sound presure is making vibrate.

Well I guess my next step is to pull the door covers and silicone all that plastic sheet down to the door. Anybody else had this problem and what did you do to fix it?
    Mmmmm Kitty,,, the other red meat.

Please note: no cats were harmed in any way during the making of this post. But there is always later.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

EVERYBODY has had this problem, mostly with stock systems though.

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

Funny, everybody hears this but the Subaru service departments. Must be all the noise in the service bays.
    Drag racing? I like my racing to last longer than the average orgasm...

It's your speaker rattling against the door panel. Pull out on your door panel and it will stop. You can take off your panel and grind down some of that honeycomb crap, and also cut off a ring that sits there to help the problem.
    2002 WRX Sedan, Blue.
    Catless, Cobb Stage 2, and so on.

I have this problem on my stock system, but think it's coming from the floor under the passenger seat. Anyone know for sure?

I've actually had the sound of the rearview mirror buzzing reflect off the glass and make it sound like the door is buzzing. When I grab the mirror it stops.

However, I've had the door buzz too. If you reach over and pull on the handle like you're trying to shut the door it stops for me. I haven't yet invested the effort to stop it though.

Some interesting points and ideas. I'll be investigating this further this Friday.

Thanks
    Mmmmm Kitty,,, the other red meat.

Please note: no cats were harmed in any way during the making of this post. But there is always later.