Advice?

This is a discussion on Advice? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Okay I'm finally getting all my mods underway.. Im getting a good stable job all summer so I can give ...

Advice?

Okay I'm finally getting all my mods underway.. Im getting a good stable job all summer so I can give my car the proper parts she diserves... Quick qustion though...

A friend of mine owns a Neon Blue Light kit for his Acura TL.. He's getting a new car soo he needs to sell all his mods.. he said he would give them to me for cheap.. any one know how they would look in a blue WRX? there the neon lights that go in the car im guessing
    Mark-D
    2002 Subaru WRX (The Blue one)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Advice?

Originally posted by Mark-D
    Im getting a good stable job all summer so I can give my car the proper parts she diserves... a Neon Blue Light kit ...
    Hmmm... Sorry, call me old fashioned, but wouldn't a Momo shift knob or something be a better start? J/K! Have fun!
    PSM Sedan, lightly salted!
    SCCA-4-Life!

I Support ClubWRX
    Save up for performance mods! You don't need little interior decorations
    Tim
    Admin

I Support ClubWRX
    Please don't make your car look like a moving XMAS tree. You will get no support here for RICER mods. Save you money for performance mods. But its up to you. Do what you will with your car. All that matters if you have a smile when you drive and have FUN.
    Peace,
    Kurlee Daddee
    (THE ORIGINAL)

man o man

you guys are tough!

it's hard to say how they look. if you're talking about the undercarriage lights, i think no matter the color, they will look weak. not only because i hate neonFX, but becasue the rex has a lot of grouind clearance. the lights may even be visible.

if they are the lights on the inside of the car, what d ifference does the color of the car make? its on the inside right?
    '
    i'll try to say this a little less harsh than the thugs above me. you're money will be better spent making this car go faster, running better, or perhaps some nicer exterior aesthetic mods. we can help you there. i don't think i've seen one owner here with cheesey neon mods.

dR

hahah it's okay, i prefer you guys flame me so i don't do soemthing stupid... lets start simple.. what good boost guadges are out there?
    Mark-D
    2002 Subaru WRX (The Blue one)

no sweat.

autometer and greddy all make some good gauges. start thinking about where you want them. the dash clock option is one, the facory housing is a little small, but works, and DEFI makes a larger housing. it's a little more flamboyant though. sticks out of the dash about 3"

the A pillar housings are cool, they look OEM, and you can get one, two or three gauge setups. there is a great deal on them in the vender forum.

i'll be going with the standard column mounted setup. nice and conservatice, but serves the purpose.

run some searches, you'll find everything from reviews, install instructions, prices, sites to buy etc.

take it easy and welcome

dR

mark-D,

first bang for buck i say is an uppipe (godspeed is good; i have it. vishnu is also good- mrt i think is the company that makes one w/ a flex joint, which some may prefer, given the high temps that the uppipe sees between the turbo and manifold; pde i hear makes a good one, but don't know too much about it). then pulley, and manual boost control (mbc)- e(lectronic)bc is even better.

good luck, and have fun!

lol- as for mods, a friend of mine who's got vishnu stage 2 says, 'now my car is worthy of having exterior work done on it). a bit extreme, but... most subies, at least the ones i know, tend to throw money into performance, and then let the exterior mods serve as... icing on the cake. typical honduh's, by contrast, seem to have drivers that think decals will make their car go faster- let's not go the typical honduh route.
    www.realultimatepower.net

I have an autometer sport comp (52mm) boost gauge on my steering column. Performs well. Silver trim (matches), Dark-face (mathces), It's backlit green (which matches), but the needle is red (which doesn't match).

The advantage of the column mount would be to position it with the Tach so you can see the relationship between rpm and boost.

I got the gauge, cup/bracket, and necessary hardware for $50 (used) off a fellow member. The mount sits a bit high and I'm thinking of customizing some molding to cover the bracketing bolts, but otherwise it's very nice (IMO).

I, too don't think neon lights would be a good thing to do to the interior/exterior of the car. If you can get them for cheap (almost free), how about putting them in the glove box?
    '02 Plat. Wagon, Manual