Changing Subaru Performance 3 Gauge Pack Lighting
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Changing Subaru Performance 3 Gauge Pack Lighting within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Anyone ever thought of, or have actually completed a mod involving changing the lighting brightness or coloring of the stock ...

Changing Subaru Performance 3 Gauge Pack Lighting

Anyone ever thought of, or have actually completed a mod involving changing the lighting brightness or coloring of the stock "Lamco" gauges that come with the "Subaru Performance Gauge Pack"? (A dealer installed option)

I'm interested in brightening up my gauges a bit.

2002 WRX Mods:
    AP Stage2/93, ScoobySport Up, Dp, & Muffler, SS AutoChrome TMIC, Hawker PC680T Battery, Injen CAI, ACT Stage2 Clutch, Gruppe-S 13.8lb Flywheel, Mobil1 and Redline oil, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Goodridge SS Lines, Motul RBF600, Hawk HPS pads, 35% 3M tint, Koji Headlight Mod, SilverStar Bulbs, Blaupunkt MP3000 headunit, Infinity BassLink Sub, Kenwood KFC-1689ie speakers (6.5"F / 5.25"R), Rota Downshift (Black), Yokohama AVS ES100 (225/45/17)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You can probably go to rat-shack and buy some brighter led's.

I am thinking about painting the needle yellow and replacing the led to green on my oem boost gauge and see how it looks.

Have you ever actually opened up these Lamco gauges? I'm wondering if some kind of seal is required within and if that might get broken by changing out the color of the lighting...

2002 WRX Mods:
    AP Stage2/93, ScoobySport Up, Dp, & Muffler, SS AutoChrome TMIC, Hawker PC680T Battery, Injen CAI, ACT Stage2 Clutch, Gruppe-S 13.8lb Flywheel, Mobil1 and Redline oil, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Goodridge SS Lines, Motul RBF600, Hawk HPS pads, 35% 3M tint, Koji Headlight Mod, SilverStar Bulbs, Blaupunkt MP3000 headunit, Infinity BassLink Sub, Kenwood KFC-1689ie speakers (6.5"F / 5.25"R), Rota Downshift (Black), Yokohama AVS ES100 (225/45/17)

Chunks, what kind of paint are you going to use?
    '03 white rex

probly model paint.

You will probably have to glue the clear plastic back on. I dunno, I'll do it sometime soon, and if i'm the first to do it I'll explain how.

Banned
    gauges are gay

Originally posted by rac00nSchlong
    gauges are gay
    what's wrong with you pal? you got nothing better to do than come troll at a WRX forum?

dR

Originally posted by rac00nSchlong
    gauges are gay
    Kind of a bold statment for someone with less then 5 posts.

LOL do a search under his name and you'll see
    '03 white rex

Back on topic...

Do any of you think that by removing the plastic covers we'd ruin the accuracy of these gauges? Leaking boost pressure, etc...

I think the turbo one is the only one I'm really concerned about. The voltage and Oil temp ones seem to be solely electric in nature.

2002 WRX Mods:

WOW! People read these forums like a religion.
    Not so stock now... muhaha!!!
    (The token wagon at every meet.)
    eBacchus.com

you don't need to

Take out the guages, unscrew the back, take out the bulb, take off the bulb condom and put on a red one. And boom that's it, very simple.

You'll get some initial condensation on the guages from exposing them to the air but it'll go away soon.
    '03 white rex

I did that a week ago, here is a pic...

I'm still frustrated on how the brightness of the turbo gauge isn't quite right. It's because the needle on the turbo gauge is in the middle of the gauge (vs. at the bottom for the others) and so the lightbulb had to be positioned in a different location which gives less light output.

I'm wondering how I can equal things up a bit. Looks nice though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails red gauges.jpg  

2002 WRX Mods:

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.