EGT Gauge on Stock Exhaust
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on EGT Gauge on Stock Exhaust within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Has anyone tried this? Is there a location where the sensor can be added? I know some manufacturers of aftermarket ...

EGT Gauge on Stock Exhaust

Has anyone tried this? Is there a location where the sensor can be added? I know some manufacturers of aftermarket parts have added additional bungs just for this.

Thanks!
    Tony
    '04 STI

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I think there is bung on some aftermarket uppipes. But most say you should tap the exhaust manifold and put it in there.

Tap the drivers side manifold. Theres a casting mark on it that works really well to hold the bung.
    No one will truely be free until nerd persecution ends.

Thanks for the help. Can you get at this bung with the manifold still in the car, or do you have to remove anything to get at it?
    Tony
    '04 STI

I suppose you could tap it while it was on the car but its not recomended. Once its on you should be able to get at it without removing the manifold. I chopped a hold in my heat sheild for the sensor and wiring also.

Its not very hard to take the manifold off. Takes about 5 minutes once you have the sheilds off.
    No one will truely be free until nerd persecution ends.

Thanks!
    Tony
    '04 STI

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.